Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Time RXS pedal and Sidi Dominator shoes?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 09:33 AM
paulv
#$%^&*

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would really like to hear your informed opinion with this.

would the Time ATAC RXS pedals work with the Sidi Dominator shoe? (MTB Shoe, i stop and have to walk around from time to time...)

i am referring to the clearance with the raised profile of the sole, in other words the fact that the profile of the sole might interfere with the profile of the pedal.

for instance, here is a page where someone describes how these shoes have to be slightly modified to work with Crank Brothers Quattro pedals.
Old 07-17-07, 11:24 AM
jqnj

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fairly certain the pedals will not be a worthy combo of the shoes. I believe the newer Time cleats have a three point screwdown system unlike the two point, two screw spd system shown on the shoes. My older Time Impact cleats would not work on those shoes, especially without hacking out cleats on the shoes. The time cleats would not hold up well to heavy walking either, as the front clip in plastic piece is quite thin on material. My worthless .02
Old 07-17-07, 11:29 AM
paulv
#$%^&*

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i wasn't even factoring in the fact that the time cleats would not be the same as the ones that work with my time atac pedals? damn. ok, thanks. will stick to time atac set up until i can dedicate a pair of shoes for each bike
Old 07-17-07, 11:30 AM
Gromit

Bikes: Blue Competition Cycles RC4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know that the time cleats fit a standard "Look" three hole pattern. I don't know about your shoe. However, I'll disagree with the previous poster by saying that the time RSX cleats are VERY durable and "walkable." Here's a nice review of them

https://www.bikesportmichigan.com/fea...xspedals.shtml
Old 07-17-07, 11:48 AM
paulv
#$%^&*

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks gromit. great review and that completely answers my original questionment as well.

Old 07-17-07, 05:05 PM
jqnj

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Definately more meat on that cleat. The material looks harder as well. Any squeeks? I found that harder cleats equate to more squeaks. Good post link to the review. Good to see honest side by side reviews for a change. I have had good experience with wear on my Cafe cleats. Many of my friends have not. Of course, they are probably jogging on chip seal in their bike shoes
Old 07-17-07, 06:06 PM
roadbuzz
Just ride.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been riding RXE's (same cleat as RXS) for two years. (I'm a 7-8K/yr kind of guy.) They take the standard Look 3-bolt pattern (a good thing), so no, they wouldn't even attach to the Dominators. As far as walkability, they're great. I've replaced one set of cleats, but it was because of wear at the cleat attachment, nothing caused by walking. I've had no problems with squeaks or entry/exit. It's a light cleat/pedal combo, no matter which model you get. Big platform, and fairly low stack height.