Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Inland Empire Critical Mass - Friday March 9th

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Inland Empire Critical Mass - Friday March 9th

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 11:40 PM
iVan-a

Bikes: Cannondale Capo, Redline Conquest, Kona Explosif

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey trevor! how's your ride going? i haven't been able to make it yet...
Old 06-23-08, 02:34 PM
jeff^d
enginerd

Bikes: Black Cat SS, Ibis Ripley v4, Cannondale Synapse Hi-MOD

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just wanted to give this a bump. IE Critical mass is still the 3rd Friday of the month, meeting at REI in Rancho Cucamonga around 7:00-7:30.

I went this past Friday and had a great time. We rode 11 miles at a leisurely pace, stopped for coffee 1/2 way through. All different levels of abilities, nobody was left behind, just a fun group ride. Join us next time!
Old 07-14-08, 06:27 PM
mcgyver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iecm

Originally Posted by jeff^d
Just wanted to give this a bump. IE Critical mass is still the 3rd Friday of the month, meeting at REI in Rancho Cucamonga around 7:00-7:30.

I went this past Friday and had a great time. We rode 11 miles at a leisurely pace, stopped for coffee 1/2 way through. All different levels of abilities, nobody was left behind, just a fun group ride. Join us next time!
Hi Jeff:

I live in Claremont too and was thinking of joining the ride next time, probably with my 13 year old son. Maybe we can ride out there together. To REI, we typically take the bike path out to Grove, then Foothill over to Day Creek. The worst part is that narrow S-curve viaduct by the Magic Lantern.
Old 07-14-08, 10:35 PM
TrevorInSoCal

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy (fixed-gear commuter), Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS, Trek Madone 5.5, Specialized Allez Comp, Marin Mt. Vision Pro, Specialized M2 Hardtail, beater Nishiki fixed-gear conversion, Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iVan-a
hey trevor! how's your ride going? i haven't been able to make it yet...
It's still going. We haven't worked real hard at promoting any themed rides lately, so it's been a smaller group (8 - 10 people) of the regulars the past few months. We've had a couple 30+ group rides though. Those were cool.

The Mustache ride, back in November was really well attended. We're thinking of putting together a Lebowski ride, sometime in the not-too-distant future. Come dressed as your favorite lebowski character and be prepared for post-ride bowling...
Old 07-15-08, 09:38 AM
jeff^d
enginerd

Bikes: Black Cat SS, Ibis Ripley v4, Cannondale Synapse Hi-MOD

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mcgyver
Hi Jeff:

I live in Claremont too and was thinking of joining the ride next time, probably with my 13 year old son. Maybe we can ride out there together. To REI, we typically take the bike path out to Grove, then Foothill over to Day Creek. The worst part is that narrow S-curve viaduct by the Magic Lantern.
Mcgyver, my folks will be in town this weekend, so unfortunately I don't think I'll be going this month. However, I would definitely be interested in riding together next month. You might find Arrow (Sixth in Claremont) to be a better route, it's a little less trafficked than Foothill. Take the same path, but cut off at Arrow, go down to Rochester, then up a little to Jack Benny which turns into Day Creek. We rode this home last month around midnight and felt safe.

See you next month, hopefully.