Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Where the hell is IRO?

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Where the hell is IRO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-08, 09:36 AM
roastbeef
8 Full Hours of Sleep

Bikes: IRO Mark V, Yeti 575, Italvega Nuovo Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To IRO's credit, they said the soonest they could build/ship my bike was next tuesday, probably wednesday. I got an email from UPS yesterday (friday) saying my bike was on it's way. Hi-five Tony and company.
Old 08-23-08, 09:41 AM
J A Holman
Boooga BOO

Bikes: Colnago for road, Fuji for track

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deathhare
Ok, then its throwing money away that could easily be pocketed.
Whatever, weve proven they suck.
I guess that part is clear.
So it sucks that Tony doesn't buy into your ME ME ME mentality?

I guess so, sounds like you would rather he did coddle you like a lil whelp of child, softly stroking your every need, drying your tears and applying band-aids when you fall.

You hope Tony can visit more often because he always brings you nice candies in his pockets, seeing him makes you smile real bright because you know he'll take care of you, protect you and shelter you. He's so smart he knows when to burp you and when to lay you down and turn on your music box.

I bet you want him to feed you too using one of those soft spoons with the rubber tips? You enjoy the mashed up carrots and asparagus the most because of the way your pee smells after, when you wet your diaper, which Tony will change for you in your dreamworld.

What's really best is when he's coddled you enough that you feel safe enough to let him teach you to ride your IRO, he gets out the freewheel and the training wheels and install them. Later you go to a soft meadow-like pasture so you can learn on the springy grass. You're scared at first, you make Tony keep his hands on your wee shoulders until you get going despite the training wheels and soon you're going on your own, emitting little squashed squeals of joy, not realizing that Tony has let go and is waving encouragingly across the pasture.

You notice eventually and fall over immediately despite the training wheels. Crying loudly at your misfortune in the pasture deep inside you know Tony will be coming to kiss your scrapes and put the polysporin and band-aids on. He always does.

And you smile inside.
Old 08-23-08, 09:46 AM
J A Holman
Boooga BOO

Bikes: Colnago for road, Fuji for track

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now that we've proven that deathhare is actually a small pre-pubescent boy-child that wears bunny outfits intended for girl-childs I guess we'll have to watch our language around here.
Old 08-23-08, 10:01 AM
deathhare
:jarckass:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
haha..that was gross and scary.

Does customer service just really really suck in australia or something?
Or are all fat people just too worried about cheezburgers and A/C to care?

Last edited by deathhare; 08-23-08 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-23-08, 10:32 AM
krusty
Successful alcoholic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I worked for a company about 10 years ago that was doing roughly $50M in annual product sales. Customer service was fantastic. However, when they put together a web presence, the volume of email was something they were totally unprepared for. It was absolutely astounding how much resources had to be dedicated to just answering them. For a while, lots simply never got read. If you don't get an email response from a company, just pick up the phone. It could be they're suffering email hell.

At last count, my current boss had over 10,000 unread messages in his inbox, and our part of the company doesn't deal at all with the outside world.
Old 08-23-08, 11:43 AM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by krusty
I worked for a company about 10 years ago that was doing roughly $50M in annual product sales. Customer service was fantastic. However, when they put together a web presence, the volume of email was something they were totally unprepared for. It was absolutely astounding how much resources had to be dedicated to just answering them. For a while, lots simply never got read. If you don't get an email response from a company, just pick up the phone. It could be they're suffering email hell.

At last count, my current boss had over 10,000 unread messages in his inbox, and our part of the company doesn't deal at all with the outside world.
Sounds like your boss needs a clue on managing his time, delegating and perhaps the use of a spam filter.

As for Holman's continuing rant, I guess your the type of person who just accepts whats given to them. ****ty customer service, sure, let me bend over. Unfulfilled expectations, roger.
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.
Old 08-23-08, 12:55 PM
itschrisb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does anyone know the hours of their factory, i didnt know it was only like an hour and a half away from me. Id like to go stop by since i might be buying a frame or whole bike from them sometime soon. Thanks
Old 08-23-08, 01:55 PM
daybreak
freelance gangster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no matter which way you dice it, it is extremely poor customer service not to return emails and phone calls. period. I don't see how anyone can make excuses for them.

if IRO can't return emails, then why even advertise an email address? Why not just the phone number? Having only a phone number to contact them would also get rid of the hundreds of tire-kickers that would otherwise be emailing with dumb questions.
Old 08-23-08, 02:20 PM
robotkiller

Bikes: Turner Czar, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You correlate answering an email with all this bull**** you just wrote?

Originally Posted by J A Holman

I guess so, sounds like you would rather he did coddle you like a lil whelp of child, softly stroking your every need, drying your tears and applying band-aids when you fall.

You hope Tony can visit more often because he always brings you nice candies in his pockets, seeing him makes you smile real bright because you know he'll take care of you, protect you and shelter you. He's so smart he knows when to burp you and when to lay you down and turn on your music box.

I bet you want him to feed you too using one of those soft spoons with the rubber tips? You enjoy the mashed up carrots and asparagus the most because of the way your pee smells after, when you wet your diaper, which Tony will change for you in your dreamworld.

What's really best is when he's coddled you enough that you feel safe enough to let him teach you to ride your IRO, he gets out the freewheel and the training wheels and install them. Later you go to a soft meadow-like pasture so you can learn on the springy grass. You're scared at first, you make Tony keep his hands on your wee shoulders until you get going despite the training wheels and soon you're going on your own, emitting little squashed squeals of joy, not realizing that Tony has let go and is waving encouragingly across the pasture.

You notice eventually and fall over immediately despite the training wheels. Crying loudly at your misfortune in the pasture deep inside you know Tony will be coming to kiss your scrapes and put the polysporin and band-aids on. He always does.

And you smile inside.
Old 08-23-08, 02:38 PM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If the email he receives is anything like the posts here on BFSSFG I can see why he's hesitant to waste too much time answering them. FWIW, I've always had great responses on the telephone from Tony and Co.
Old 08-23-08, 02:42 PM
daybreak
freelance gangster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And you smile inside.
projecting much? that is some serious misplaced aggravation lol. it's okay if your father never hugged you as a child, or taught you how to ride a bike. let it go. you have friends here.
Old 08-23-08, 03:14 PM
Tikibar

Bikes: Gary Fisher Ziggurat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered a Rob Roy on 8/2/08, and I haven't received Notice of shipment. I sent Tony a "nice" email asking for a status check on my order. I'll let you know if I hear back from IRO.
Old 08-23-08, 04:43 PM
fluidworks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dude you're on crack, a drug known for making you think you're the king. Tony takes calls when he can, not because of an igmo posting on BFFSG
I was being facetious, you idiot. I was merely pointing out the coincidence of him finally answering the day after posting in this thread.

That being said, Tony was very informative over the phone about a question I had that *GASP* couldn't be answered by merely studying the website, and with the information provided I will have no hesitation placing my order in the next week.

Last edited by fluidworks; 08-23-08 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 05:48 PM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tikibar
I ordered a Rob Roy on 8/2/08, and I haven't received Notice of shipment. I sent Tony a "nice" email asking for a status check on my order. I'll let you know if I hear back from IRO.

Maybe you should send him a candy-gram
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.
Old 08-25-08, 04:34 PM
roastbeef
8 Full Hours of Sleep

Bikes: IRO Mark V, Yeti 575, Italvega Nuovo Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aw shucks, now i just feel bad.
Old 08-25-08, 04:45 PM
daybreak
freelance gangster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IRO
Old 08-25-08, 04:57 PM
sp00ki
partly metal, partly real

Bikes: Hummer H2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iro news
On October 4th, we're going to have an event here in Middleburg. We're gonna roast a pig and feed anyone who makes the trip out.
iro is murder
Old 08-25-08, 05:01 PM
Jabba Degrassi
FNG

Bikes: 2008 IRO Angus, 2008 Jamis Exile 29er

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love my IRO, but even my second-hand CS experience was sorely lacking. The lbs I bought my frame from was hounding IRO for MONTHS for some product. The owner looked frazzled, he sounded pissed off. He had a waiting list from here to Nantucket and not a frame in sight.

We eventually got our frames, but it was well into the season, and even then, not without a fight.
Old 08-25-08, 07:25 PM
ryan.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know what the problem is. Just pick up the phone and call them. I ordered a Mark V a few months ago, and each time I called, they answered.
Old 08-27-08, 08:34 AM
Tikibar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do appreciate the offer of free pork, but I would rather receive my bike!
Old 08-27-08, 09:44 AM
Psydotek
Body By Nintendo

Location: Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.

Bikes: Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
www.pricepoint.com carries IRO stuff in case they don't have something in stock on the IRO website.

Originally Posted by jsharr
A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.
Old 08-27-08, 12:08 PM
jodypolk
never eaten better listen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by itschrisb
Does anyone know the hours of their factory, i didnt know it was only like an hour and a half away from me. Id like to go stop by since i might be buying a frame or whole bike from them sometime soon. Thanks
you live in taiwan?
Old 08-27-08, 12:35 PM
jodypolk
never eaten better listen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
what a ****ty website.
Old 08-27-08, 02:45 PM
tall&lanky

Bikes: IRO mark V

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I emailed him and got a response in like a day. He just posted a thing on his site that says they're pretty much slammed with orders, and he's trying to hire more people to help.

I ordered a mark v build, and got a discount since i got a 2007 model frame!
Old 08-27-08, 03:27 PM
Tikibar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just received notice from UPS, my bike is on its' way. It is due to arrive 9/4/08.

Just in time to bike to the Pig Fest!

Thanks Tony!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.