Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Frame help/input?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Frame help/input?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-08, 05:42 PM
johnism

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frame help/input?

I bought a blue rc6al in a M and I am wondering if I should have gone with a ML .
On the M I Have almost 7.5" of seat post exposed ( on a carbon seat post ).
Should I not worry about that much seat post or may be buy a Ti post to avoid breakage. The shop will let me exchange for a ML if I decide to go that way.

this chart show the specs....

my specs are
Inseam: 34
Trunk: 24.5
Forearm: 14
Arm: 26
Thigh: 24.5
Lower Leg: 22.75
Sternal Notch: 57.5
Total Body Height: 70.5 (5' 10" )

I forgot to mention that I have been told I need a Top tube length: 54.9 - 55.3

Last edited by johnism; 10-28-08 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-28-08, 04:15 PM
johnism

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
anyone?
Old 10-28-08, 04:31 PM
Tequila Joe
Living the n+1

Bikes: 2019 RM Blizzard, 2013 SuperX, 2007 Litespeed Vortex, 1970 Falcon Olympic, 2008 RM Metropolis IGH, 2004 Specialized Enduro, 2006 Langster

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Judging by your height / inseam I would say that you have the correct size. MD. I think a ML will stretch you out a bit. Its all a matter of preference though, some people prefer smaller bike some prefer a longer bike.

Maybe you can ride both and pick?
Old 10-28-08, 04:45 PM
johnism

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that is the issue no local retailers. So I would have to mail back the M and the try ML.
So 7.5 on carbon post is not a problem ?
Thinking if I keep it may be geting a Ti post to avoid my issues with thinking it will break.
Old 10-28-08, 08:44 PM
rmwkokomo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My measurements are very close to yours and I had a ML sized RC5AL (similar if not identical geometry). It fit alright but perhaps just a skosh large - I always wondered if I should have gotten the M instead.

As long as your seatpost is in far enough to cover the minumum insertion line I don't think you need to worry about the 7.5" exposed. With modern compact frames, a lot of seatpost showing is not uncommon.
Old 10-28-08, 08:55 PM
DirtPedalerB
unofficial roadie

Bikes: 2004 Marin bobcat trail, 2006 trek fuel ex7, 2007 iron horse road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how much saddle to bar drop do you have?? and how much do you want? the 56TT on the ML will be a stretch but you can shorten the stem and be good. either one will work.