Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Sit bone pain...one side

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Sit bone pain...one side

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 04:49 PM
roadrider63

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sit bone pain...one side

Has anyone ever had one side of their sit bones hurt more than the other? If so, are there any causes/remedies for this malady. I don't really recall having this issue last year but so far this year, my left side seems to endure more pain than the right.
Old 03-31-09, 07:11 PM
boulderroad
Not so Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I had one side hurt as well as get sores. My bicycle 'fitter' discovered that my pelvis was tilted, up 5 mm on the left side(probably from many many injuries through the years). So, a disproportionate amount of my weight was on the right sit bone causing the irritation. He put an adhesive backed felt shim on the left side of the saddle so my weight rides evenly now. Then, after 4000 miles with no issues, the pain returned. Turned out that my Toupe saddle had lost its shape and was no longer supporting me evenly. Replaced the saddled and all is well.
Old 03-31-09, 07:50 PM
luker
juneeaa memba!

Bikes: Crap. The box is not big enough...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
on which side do you carry your wallet?
Old 03-31-09, 07:51 PM
Pi}{ie
Light-Weight by Design

Bikes: TCR Carbon Limited

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Put a maxipad in on that side for extra comfort
Old 03-31-09, 07:57 PM
z415

Bikes: Trek 1000, two mtbs and working on a fixie for commuting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only time I had one sided pain was when the saddle was not entirely straight.
Old 03-31-09, 07:59 PM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Liked 756 Times in 414 Posts
Not pain on one side, but I noticed I tend to wear my saddles more on the left side. In fact ripped a gel one's left side only.
Old 03-31-09, 08:09 PM
speks22
amatuer... everything.

Bikes: '05 Fuji Team SL, '07 Iro Mark V ss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, my left side hurts more. I always feel pain more on the inner left of my thigh and on longer, slower rides would result in my left foot going numb sometimes. I just went to get a fitting yesterday to figure it out. Trying some spacers and a wedge under my cleat to help for now, going to ride the bike a bit and see if it helps.

I will have to look into the felt wedge on the saddle idea, thats a great idea. but need a new saddle first. I'm fairly certain my pelvis is tilted, but have never had it officially checked by a doc.