Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Does nashbar actually send out their orders?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 02:54 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

it's been a month and a couple phone calls and still no order.
no one there seems to be able to help. you can't talk to accounting and the "customer service" says all they can do is send a 'note' with your question. they claim to not be able to see your order.
so...according to them, no one person can actually help you and they don't seem to bother following through with anything.
oh....and even when i state i want to cancel the order, i just get a 'i'll leave a note with accounting and see if they're able to'.....WTF? able to? put the **** in a box and put it in the mail or cancel the order!
in the mean time i've received 2 orders from the UK in between 5-8 days.
**** nashbar.
Old 07-14-09, 02:57 PM
KiuBWhy

Bikes: 2007 Trek 1600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All these negative posts about Nashbar makes me never want to order anything from them...
Old 07-14-09, 03:16 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i strongly suggest that you don't.
Old 07-14-09, 03:22 PM
pdedes
ka maté ka maté ka ora

Bikes: breezer venturi - red novo bosberg - red, pedal force cg1 - red, neuvation f-100 - da, devinci phantom - xt, miele piste - miche/campy, bianchi reparto corse sbx, concorde squadra tsx - da, miele team issue sl - ultegra

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by idk416
no one there seems to be able to help. you can't talk to accounting and the "customer service" says all they can do is send a 'note' with your question. they claim to not be able to see your order.
so...according to them, no one person can actually help you and they don't seem to bother following through with anything.
oh....and even when i state i want to cancel the order, i just get a 'i'll leave a note with accounting and see if they're able to'.....WTF? able to? put the **** in a box and put it in the mail or cancel the order!
**** nashbar.
maybe you should s**t in a box and mail it to them.
Old 07-14-09, 03:48 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
perhaps if i had the right contact....
Old 07-14-09, 03:55 PM
ElJamoquio
Burning Matches.

Liked 1,005 Times in 678 Posts
i strongly suggest that you don't.
As do I.
Old 07-14-09, 04:11 PM
d2create

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Were you already charged?
If so, call your cc company and start a chargeback.
Old 07-14-09, 04:38 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by d2create
Were you already charged?
If so, call your cc company and start a chargeback.
i haven't been charged yet (it's only been a month after all).
this concept seems tricky for them. they seem to think they need my bank name, address,
contact name etc...to charge my card.
funny that i've never been asked for this from anyone, ever.
it's a credit card!
Old 07-14-09, 04:40 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Funny, nashbar used to be pretty good. I haven't ordered from them for a while now though, and they've seem to have gone downhill from the time they were bought by Performance.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter
Old 07-14-09, 04:46 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Liked 5,920 Times in 2,986 Posts
Received my order from Nashbar in less than a week, no problems. The "no questions" return policy really sets Nashbar and Performance above some others, IMHO.
Old 07-14-09, 05:04 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Received my order from Nashbar in less than a week, no problems. The "no questions" return policy really sets Nashbar and Performance above some others, IMHO.
that would be nice IF i had an order to return.
everything's wonderful until it's not. if something goes wrong with an order though....i want some help.
what i've got from nashbar is basically 'sorry, can't really help you'. 'sorry, can't tell you exactly what the problem is', 'i'll leave a note for.....and they 'should' get back to you'. oh....you want to cancel? 'i'll leave a note for accounting and they will see if they can do anything.' 'sorry, i'm just customer service...i can't actually see your order'.
it's mind boggling. i'll be sticking with chainreaction.
Old 07-14-09, 05:55 PM
fetad
drive-by poster

Bikes: Yes(s)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a similar problem as well. I placed an order on June 26th, but it won't show up in my account. I received a confirmation of order from them with a follow-up email 8 days later stating that they changed the order.

Original order was for two bibs at $37 each and a separate bib. They changed it to $99 each and canceled the other bib (out of stock I assume). I called customer service who said that they can't see my order until I can see it. Call back when it shows up online. Sounds like they screwed up on the pricing and now refuse to honor it.
Old 07-14-09, 05:57 PM
DScott
It's ALL base...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Does it have anything to do with you being in Canada?
Old 07-14-09, 06:14 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DScott
it's never effected anything before ordering from the u.s. or europe....and i've ordered a lot from both over the past couple years.
Old 07-14-09, 06:19 PM
Steve90068

Bikes: Road - Lynskey. Mountain - Trek Fuel EX

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
just received my new stem. placed the order 5 days ago
Old 07-14-09, 06:22 PM
HarryStoddard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
**** nashbar.
Which Kafka story is this from?
Old 07-14-09, 06:23 PM
DScott
It's ALL base...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's lost, and you're fooked. Especially since there's no charge on the order yet. Time to re-order somewhere else. If it shows up, just dispute with CC company. Not your problem anymore.
Old 07-14-09, 06:41 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HarryStoddard
Which Kafka story is this from?
it's from a recently discovered collection of kafka rants.
Old 07-14-09, 06:51 PM
Anodyne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Strange. This is the first time I've heard any negative feedback about Nashbar. Of course, this is the first time I've seen ANYTHING about them so there you have it.

I've always had pretty good luck with them. I've ordered from them on about 4 different occasions. The first time it took almost a month to get my delivery. When I called to ask where it was I got a customer service rep who was absolutely polite and infomative.

Since then I just expect the orders to take a while to get to my place. I don't order the Nashbar brand products (they're not the best...)
Old 07-14-09, 06:59 PM
Anodyne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hm, ok nevermind. Apparently I've been living under a rock. Now I'm counting myself VERY lucky for not having any fraudulent activity on my card...
Old 07-14-09, 07:03 PM
idk416

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's lost, and you're fooked. Especially since there's no charge on the order yet. Time to re-order somewhere else. If it shows up, just dispute with CC company. Not your problem anymore.
i think that's what i'll do. i've got a 3/4 complete cross bike here and it's driving me nuts.
Old 07-14-09, 07:41 PM
Jaeger

Bikes: Rocky Mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If they can confirm that they've shipped the order, it may very well be stuck in customs.

Usually my orders from Nashbar come through in a few days but Canada Customs makes no guarantees. And neither does Canada Post. I've been waiting for two weeks for an E-bay order that I know left Switzerland more than two weeks ago. The OP may be experiencing similar stellar service once it enters Canada.

But if Nashbar can't confirm that they've shipped the order then it may indeed be a Nashbar screw-up. I've had very good luck with them, personally.
Old 07-14-09, 07:47 PM
DirtPedalerB
unofficial roadie

Bikes: 2004 Marin bobcat trail, 2006 trek fuel ex7, 2007 iron horse road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had good dealings with nashbar and no CC problems, well I did have a CC problem, but it wasn't the one I used at nashbar. it's the CC processors fault. I don't order much from nashbar.. Supergo was the best of the nash/performance online shops.
Old 07-14-09, 08:04 PM
TomM

Bikes: Surly SteamRoller

Liked 53 Times in 30 Posts
I use to order from Nashbar all the time with no problems, that is until two of my CCs got compromised. I am not impressed at all with how they have handled the CC issue and have decided not to purchase from them in the future.
Old 07-14-09, 08:10 PM
mihlbach

Liked 128 Times in 68 Posts
I've ordered from Nashbar and Performance more times than I can count. Never a single problem. I've even called customer service many times for various reasons and always got great treatment. Its usually some nice girl with a cute southern accent. No one has ever told me they need to "send a note" to anyone. I'm voting user error on this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.