Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Goodwill found John Howard

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 07:19 AM
Vipon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I found this David Tesch built John Howard at Goodwill. They had it listed for 20.00 but I happened to be there on 50% off day so I scored it for $10.00.

I read C&V all the time and have brought back to life a couple of Varsity's. I never found anything I thought was really worth posting about.

This bike is pretty much complete except for the seat post, seat and bars. Yes you are not seeing things, those are walmart mountainbike staight bars that are mounted on it now. I think someone was starting to turn it into a SS and got bored. The original brake levers are mounted to the straight bars.

The paint is in good condition with a couple of scratches.

My question is,,, Does anybody have any pictures of a stock Tesch bike? I have found plenty of the other Dave Moulton bikes and a couple KHS built John Howards.

I would like to keep it stock as possible. What bars, seat post, seat, and pedals were origin equipment?

I can't wait to ride it.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/mya...193165000.jpeg

I wish I was smart enough to post the picture in the thread
Old 08-08-09, 07:26 AM
prettyshady

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vipon

looks like you found that bike just in time.
Old 08-08-09, 07:33 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy Viscount Aerospace Pro Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Liked 7,514 Times in 4,198 Posts
Originally Posted by Vipon

My question is,,, Does anybody have any pictures of a stock Tesch bike? I have found plenty of the other Dave Moulton bikes and a couple KHS built John Howards.
This may help a little bit.

https://davesbikeblog.blogspot.com/20...or-dave-t.html

Old 08-08-09, 10:13 AM
junkfoodjunkie
@$#!?&!!$

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice Catch! That is a full Sante group (minus the levers, and headset, possibly hubs, can't make those out in the pic), Second only to Dura Ace in Shimano's lineup. The unfortunate thing is you will have to spend more than you did on the whole bike to score a set levers, and they are kinda hard to find. I would Just get some drops and any aero levers until I found the originals and ride it. There is a Sante group right now on ebay (in poor condition) going for $309 buy it now.
I do not know much about the frame, but I am sure it is nice.

Jake