Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Where near boston ride 15-20 min w/no stop lights/signs/rotaries/intersections?

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-09, 10:36 PM
donrhummy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm looking for a road near Boston where I can ride all out with no stopping for 15-20 minutes straight. No stop signs, no big intersections, no stop lights or rotaries. Anyone know of a good road for this? (Oh, and not a ton off potholes either) Preferrably relatively flat or slightly hilly (no huge hills) so I can go back and forth without a huge descent.
Old 09-27-09, 10:27 AM
the_doctor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donrhummy
I'm looking for a road near Boston where I can ride all out with no stopping for 15-20 minutes straight. No stop signs, no big intersections, no stop lights or rotaries. Anyone know of a good road for this? (Oh, and not a ton off potholes either) Preferrably relatively flat or slightly hilly (no huge hills) so I can go back and forth without a huge descent.
I could have done it if you mentioned no potholes. There is no such road. I believe you are seeking a road of 7-10 miles in length, which would be devoid of control devices.

Roads around the perimeter of the Blue Hills are only 2 1/2 - 3 miles long.

My bike club(CRW.org) often has 1 or 2 special rides in a month through the area around Cohasset and Scituate. There is also a regular recurring ride on Sundays. The area features very low traffic along stunning coastal roads. There are a few stop signs and intersections along the way.

The Sunday ride in hanson, ma (EVERY SUNDAY UNLESS FOUL WEATHER @ 9 AM) from the Shaw's supermarket goes through a number of intersections. There are some good stretches of quiet roads on non-numbered streets and route 105.

bill
Old 09-27-09, 12:41 PM
Pedal Dancer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lexington to Concord only has a few lights and nice quiet roads, especially close to Concord.
Old 09-27-09, 09:01 PM
cod.peace

Bikes: Rans V-Rex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedal Dancer
Lexington to Concord only has a few lights and nice quiet roads, especially close to Concord.
Get out to Carlisle or Stow and there are some long stretches of road without lights or stop signs.
Old 09-28-09, 10:48 AM
prouty914

Bikes: 1978 Claud Butler, 1980 Raleigh Sprite, 1980 David Hartranft Custom, 2004 Cervelo Soloist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good roads in Eastern Mass

There are lots of such roads in the towns of Dover, Sherburn, Holliston, Weston, Lincoln and Medfield. Try Map-my-ride for details.
Old 09-28-09, 02:45 PM
beat.tk
weakling

Bikes: giant ocr1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe the velodrome in Londonderry, NH is what you're looking for.
Old 09-28-09, 03:10 PM
donrhummy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Carlisle or Stow...There are lots of such roads in the towns of Dover, Sherburn, Holliston, Weston, Lincoln and Medfield. Try Map-my-ride for details.
I'll check those out. I know it's a bit of a tall order (since I added the lack of potholes restriction).
Old 09-28-09, 04:03 PM
beat.tk
weakling

Bikes: giant ocr1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
maybes Sudbury Rd/Main St from Sudbury to Hudson, pretty flat.