Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

PI vs Specialized Bib Fit?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-09, 12:53 PM
acaurora
B+ roadie I guess?

Bikes: 2013 BMC GranFondo GF01 Ui2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was wondering if any of you could possibly chime in on how the PI bibs and Specialized bibs differ in fit. I have had PI bibs (https://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...355351&outlet= ) for a couple months now and I love them. They fit perfectly fine and are very comfortable. However they have developed a hole (granted, <1 inch in diameter, so it isn't that major) and I am looking to replace it. Currently I'm riding using the bib-less short version (https://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...355410&outlet= ), and have found that the lbs around here in Roseville is Specialized only. So again, I ask if any of you can weigh in on this before I end up buying some bibs/knickers that are maybe too tight or too loose. I wear a Small for Pearl Izumis, 5'8, 160lbs, if that helps any.

I'm looking at the Specialized Pro RBX bibs/knickers, by the way (not really sure which way to go with... might end up with knickers as the weather changes)

Last edited by acaurora; 10-10-09 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-11-09, 01:01 PM
acaurora
B+ roadie I guess?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone?? No one??
Old 10-11-09, 05:03 PM
riff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the Specialized knickers, and they are ok, but far nicer ones can be had. I've never had PI bibs, but the Specialized "S" is pretty snug, and I'm under 130. If the PI works for you, you may want to stick with it!

If you really want the best, go with one of the many models Assos has. They are a lot less expensive if you order from the UK.
Old 10-11-09, 05:05 PM
acaurora
B+ roadie I guess?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I ended up getting the Specialized RBX Pro Knickers... size M as they didn't have any smalls, and to order one would take a long time. It actually fits pretty well... although the chamois seems thinner than the PIs. I'll check the Assos out as maybe a secondary one... thanks!
Old 10-11-09, 05:17 PM
jrobe

Liked 44 Times in 23 Posts
I just bought a pair of PI Pro bibs and they are very nice. I also use a pair of Assos and the PI's are just as good in terms of comfort. Time will tell if they hold up as well as the Assos but they sure seem well made. The PI Pro's are better than the cheaper PI's. I have never tried Specialized.
Old 10-11-09, 06:03 PM
jdon

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
I have found the sizing between PI and Specialized to be pretty similar. The higher end PI's are still my favorites but it is just personal preference. Both wear well.