Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Rouvy Candence Not displaying on workout screen.

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rouvy Candence Not displaying on workout screen.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-24, 12:04 AM
PowerX2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rouvy candence not displaying on workout screen.

I am running the latest version of Rouvy under Windows 11 on a laptop Lenovo LT computer. I’m using a Wahoo Kicker trainer with a BT connection, Garmin cadence sensor and a Polar H-10 chest strap.

I have two of these setups in my training room, one for me and one for my wife.

When everything is powered up and connected, all three sensors are displayed in the sensor / cycling devices screen, with solid blue lines underneath them, indicating they are connected. However, when I go to a workout, all three sensors don’t show up on the workout screen. It is usually the cadence sensor that is missing. It’s like the Rouvy program sees them, but the values don’t get transferred to the workouts.

I have checked that all the software on the computer and the Rouvy app (Ver. 3.4.5.0) are up to date. I have completely removed and reinstalled the Rouvy program, all to no avail. I thought the problem might be that there were too many simultaneous Bluetooth connections, but if that were the case, I wouldn’t think the sensors would show up in the sensor setup screen, which they do.

At this point I’m perplexed. Anyone have an idea of what I might be going on?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-24, 10:13 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 695 Posts
no good answers, just a few questions that might be of help...

what is the behavior when just doing a ride? i would expect the same. if the same can you try a different HRM? are both setups running at the same time?
Old 04-08-24, 11:04 PM
PowerX2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've only noticed this on the workouts, because that's my primary focus.

I have two, virtually identical setups, located in the same room, which are usually running at the same time. The problem is rarely with the HR monitors, but rather the cadence sensors (Garmin), which I have swapped out to no avail.

I thought that the problem might be with Bluetooth interference, or exceeding the max Bluetooth count, but like I said in my original post, the sensor do show up in the Rouvy setup screen, so that would tell me that the computer is connecting to the sensors, but for some reason, Rouvy is not transferring the data to the selected workout screen.
Old 04-09-24, 07:33 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 695 Posts
oops, you did indicate cadence. not sure where i got HRM from...

well, two cadence sensors, two PCs that's 4 combinations and none work? have a smart phone or other similar device? you can try a phone for instance on a real ride. there are free apps that will let you try just to make sure the sensor is really working.

when i connect my sensors in rouvy i see that it is connected but it also shows cadence while i am fiddling around on the sensors screen so i know it is working. also, there is cadence from the trainer also. maybe not all trainers but some. it works by monitoring your uneven power as you peddle. make sure you are not inadvertently selecting that when you pair. right now that is what i ma using since weather has gotten better.

you should try a regular rouvy ride anyway to see if it works there. but i'd expect it to not work in both really.