Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Echelon or Sunny Health (Peloton Alternative)

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-21, 12:27 PM
ride4less

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,

I'm sure this is has been asked several times before. I am new to indoor cycling or we can say cycling at all, I had the chance to try the Peloton at my sisters house for a week as a workout alternative and I liked it a lot. Sadly I can not afford the bike so I decided to look for an alternative; after researching a lot and having a better understanding of the resistance types, flywheel weight, etc. I've picked a few that fit my $500 budget but I am having a hard time making a decision so I though of asking the experts. The Echelon EX-15 caught my attention because of the build quality and metrics but the light flywheel and 32 level resistance got me thinking. My options are listed below with pros and cons; any advise or other recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Sunny Health SF-B1711
+44lb flywheel
+Magnetic resistance
+SPD compatible pedals

Echelon EX-15
+Metrics
+Magnetic resistance
+Build quality
-20lb flywheel
-32 level resistance
JOROTO X2
+Magnetic resistance
+35lb flywheel
CHAOKE
+Price
+Magnetic resistance
+37lb flywheel
-Build quality

Thank you,
Old 03-26-21, 01:31 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Most here don't do spin bikes and i am guessing that is what that list is. i cannot offer help there, but, now that winter is ending you might consider a used smart trainer and a used bike to put on it. Craig's list might have something. you will like the experience much better (IMO) because the resistance will change automatically for you and you can later play around with zwift and do virtual rides with hills, flats, and other riders.

i think you can get a wheel on smart trainer and a bike for your budget. look at the Tacx on this link:

https://zwiftinsider.com/top-rated-w...mart-trainers/

if you do decide to go this route just make sure any trainer you pick will work with a bike you already have or will buy. again, you can buy a used bike. and the bike only needs to work from a stationary standpoint. meaning a bit of rust, dent, scraped up, brakes not working, etc would be ok. but it should fit you.