Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Wahoo's RGT gets dropped

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Wahoo's RGT gets dropped

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-23, 07:57 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 1,593 Times in 739 Posts
Wahoo's RGT gets dropped

Paid subscribers get a free Zwift subscription as the field thins itself.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2023/10/...cling-app.html
Old 10-02-23, 11:24 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
Damn I missed out on that offer. I had a Wahoo X subscription last year and also paid for Zwift as I didn’t think much of RGT.

I presume that if I took out a Wahoo annual sub today I wouldn’t qualify for the free Zwift sub?
Old 10-02-23, 12:46 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I know Wahoo was suffering (as was RGT before that), but this is still a bit of a surprise. Wow.

Old 10-02-23, 02:17 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 84 Posts
Not surprised at all. Wahoo has had a big time realignment of personnel and change of "team" name getting rid of their sports science group. Neal Henderson dropped from payroll. David McQuillen has moved on. Other issues that I am a bit foggy about the details were at play. The settlement with Zwift when many hereabouts thought that Wahoo had a bit of a slam dunk case.... I didn't think that.

RGT just never appealed to me. I know folks that have used it. One rider left Zwift for most of a year and did it seems all his indoor riding on RGT is since back at Zwift.
Old 10-02-23, 04:12 PM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Black wallnut
The settlement with Zwift when many hereabouts thought that Wahoo had a bit of a slam dunk case.... I didn't think that.
You kidding?! I thought they got lucky with JetBlack and reaffirms that money talks. They got equally lucky that Zwift (Specialized) didn't go after their throat.

I started RGT at about the same time as Zwift and only stayed with Zwift because RGT didn't do Ant+ FE-C initially. When that was finally fixed I switch and mostly used their magic road feature. The lack of other users wasn't that much of concern for me. I quit when after wahoo took over. I'm very surprised that it took that long for wahoo to kill it off. To bad and I hope the guys that created RGT got paid.
Old 10-02-23, 06:59 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
i got this email too from whaoo. i was a bit surprised at first then decided it was not surprising after all. i used RGT a bit before whaoo acquired them. continued to use it off and on but never saw any improvements or added features or new routes. so, no, not surprising at all. what is a surprise is they spent money and are now putting it into the dustbin. but that's the way the wind blows i guess.
Old 12-09-23, 02:22 PM
bfasula

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Try IndieVelo, it's free while in Beta or MyWHoosh also free.
Likes For bfasula: