Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Rouvy stopped moving issue

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-23, 07:01 AM
Rogerthat11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Rouvy users. I am new to Rouvy and my last 2 rides, one a workout and the other just a ride froze just after an hour of riding (not sure if that is a coincidence).
So what happens is that my avatar rides on as well as my ghosts and I just have an empty road to look at. The riding is still happening but the screen looks as if I was just parked there.
Other players will pass me if any. Also, for the ride, I was able to watch myself moving using the map.

Has this ever happened to anyone.
Old 12-06-23, 07:14 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 1,593 Times in 739 Posts
Is your computer plugged into power? I was getting freeze-ups when my PC got to X percent of battery usage.
Old 12-06-23, 10:18 AM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Yes. I download the ride video if possible; otherwise, I get occasional pauses but haven't had a complete video death pause since I started almost a year ago. Try scaling back the video setting and updating your codec. I think my initial problem with death pauses was due to my GPU being dated (GTX 1050 Ti) since I didn't have a CPU (i7-8700), storage (>200GB), memory (48 TB), or bandwidth (>600Mbps) limitation. Not at my computer but I think the video streaming quality is set at 1080p and graphic quality at normal. See https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/a...ssues-and-Tips and https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/a...roubleshooting
Old 12-06-23, 11:20 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
if nothing else has changed recently then i'd be inclined to ask Rouvy. it does not sound like you are losing a connection since other riders pass you. do you only see the video stop but your progress on the elevation graph or power graph still proceeds? your distance, heart rate, cadence, power still behave the same? that would point to a video only problem.
Old 12-06-23, 01:38 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
What kind of trainer?
Old 12-06-23, 01:43 PM
SwtBadger

Bikes: 2015 BMC SLR02; 2004 Bianchi Veloce; 2000 Gary Fischer Big Sur

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 47 Posts
Go into settings, video. If it indicates high (beta) then change to standard. The Beta version is known to have this exact video lock issue. I use to frequently have this issue, after changing to standard don't recall ever have it happen.
Likes For SwtBadger:
Old 12-08-23, 12:25 AM
Rogerthat11

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all, thanks for the good suggestions.
I am running off of my Samsung Galaxy (casted to my TV but that is not relevant for this problem).

Yes everything continues to work, the complete ride is saved. It's really just the video, like I stopped but my avatar keeps on riding with the ghost riders.

I will try downloading the route before
The Graphics Quality is set to High but no beta. I can try another setting if the route download does not work.

This could take a while to test as I am not sure if it happens all the time. I checked my first workout sessions and they were also over an hour, but nothing went wrong.

I wrote Rouvy but don't expect anything to come out of it, quick anyways.

Thanks again!
Old 12-11-23, 03:10 PM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
This is an issue with Android. If while streaming the app receives error flags due to data issues.
the app will stop the sync and video after an hour.
make sure you are on the latest version and have graphics set to auto in settings.