Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

MyWhooshy whoosh

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-24, 02:04 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
MyWhooshy whoosh

anyone try this? when i first downloaded to use it was only for Win11 and i am on Win10. now notice they support Win10.
Old 01-17-24, 06:45 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Is it free?

Microsoft hates all my computers and running windows 11 on an unsupported computer doesn't seem like a great idea. Although I have it on 3 of them. I have heard that zwift runs under wine, but I suspect the experience is less than fully satisfying.
Old 01-17-24, 07:25 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
it is free. i wanted to see how it was. i was also playing with IndieVelo for a while. free too but not so great. limited virtual world (although a new one was added) and the grade changes in some places are just weird. one moment you are at 2% then 5 then 8 then 12 all in a few pedal strokes. if that is anything like a real place i would really not like it. it is a few man band so really good on them.
Old 01-17-24, 11:34 PM
Canker

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
I gave mywhoosh a go last night since zwift decided to act up and give me "no signal" for my trainer and sensors despite trying everything I could think of to get it to work. Mywhoosh worked. I only used it for an hour and just to do a zone 2 ERG mode ride so I don't have a lot to say about it yet. I do think I'll end my zwift subscription next month though and give mywhoosh a go. I don't give a poo about group rides or any of the other social aspects of zwift, I just need something to run my trainer in ERG mode while doing training rides and it looks like mywhoosh will do that fine and well FREE. I'm running it on my old gaming laptop with a nvidia 2060 and that seems to handle it fine but from the youtubes I've watched it is rather GPU hungry.

Last edited by Canker; 01-17-24 at 11:50 PM.