Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Did You Ride Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-16, 09:46 AM
Ronno6

Bikes: Cannondale SR's and ST's from the '80's

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 20 Posts
Sambo and I got out for 28.8 miles on a clear brisk autumn morning. We took some roads I had never been on before, and discovered a couple of new hills in addition to one we don't often climb to the top. Our pace has been picking up lately as I have dropped a few pounds and am feeling a bit livelier. Many more to go, however...

Last edited by Ronno6; 11-20-16 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-01-16, 10:58 AM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
After working at our church rummage sale Thursday, Friday and Saturday and then my usual Monday shift working at the Agape House I had a chance to get out today. Took the Cannondale and rode from Hernando to the north end and back. My speed is back. I was doing 19-23 mph for a good part of the ride — even going up slight inclines.

Now its time to complain.
More of the snow birds are back and many of them don't know good trail etiquette. Twice I was riding along and didn't hear the rider coming up behind me. Then just as I noticed something out of the corner of my eye I heard a loud, "How are you doing today?" No "On your left" beforehand when the rider was back 10-20 feet. Both times the loud "greeting" startled me. Not nice.
Learn good trail etiquette or head back up north.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-02-16, 06:15 PM
Ronno6

28.5 miles today at a bit of a slower pace. Felt good to not hammer ourselves....
Old 11-03-16, 07:14 PM
Ronno6

24.3miles today with Ivan later in the afternoon.
Feel like I've been run over by a Rayco roller........
Old 11-05-16, 10:48 AM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Litespeed out today for my usual ride on the Withlacoochee Trail. I stopped at the north end of the trail for a gel. There were 4 trike riders there, all older than me. One of them came over to admire the Litespeed and ask questions about Ti, how much it weighed, etc.
She may be 15-1/2 years old but she still turns heads.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-06-16, 06:50 PM
GeologyJoe

Bikes: F. Moser, Trek 520, Kona Cinder Cone, Raleigh Olympian and others.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yard work day.

Rode yesterday 28 miles. TODAY was leaf raking, gutter clearing, lawn mowing, I cut fire wood and dropped and cut up 1 oak for the 2017-2018 winter season.
Old 11-06-16, 08:12 PM
doyso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Karma 38 EBike that cuts out after a few minutes at high speed, the speed of 5 which is the highest. I want to make sure of the reason before paying $300-$400 for a new battery since I have been told that the only reason it would cut out at high speeds is because one of the cells in the bottle-type battery does not charge even though the light on the charger turns from red to green. If anyone knows of a more likely reason for the cut-out or has any information that would provide a better option than purchasing a new battery it would be appreciated. FYI The battery that is now on the bike is the one that came with it 1&1/2 years ago and has not been used anywhere near its capacity.

THIS THREAD PROBABLY DOESN'T GO HERE..i CAN'T FIND THE "NEW THREAD" OPTION UNDER ":ELECTRIC BIKES"....
Old 11-06-16, 08:14 PM
doyso

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Karma 38

I have a Karma 38 EBike that cuts out after a few minutes at high speed, the speed of 5 which is the highest. I want to make sure of the reason before paying $300-$400 for a new battery since I have been told that the only reason it would cut out at high speeds is because one of the cells in the bottle-type battery does not charge even though the light on the charger turns from red to green. If anyone knows of a more likely reason for the cut-out or has any information that would provide a better option than purchasing a new battery it would be appreciated. FYI The battery that is now on the bike is the one that came with it 1&1/2 years ago and has not been used anywhere near its capacity.

THIS THREAD PROBABLY DOESN'T GO HERE..i CAN'T FIND THE "NEW THREAD" OPTION UNDER ":ELECTRIC BIKES"....
Old 11-07-16, 11:42 AM
BKE

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Hello from Augusta GA. Think I'll jump in and start posting my ride days if I can remember. 15 miles this past Tues., Thurs. and 22.8 yesterday after it warmed up a bit. Temp was 43 with slight patches of frost on the roof when I got up so I let the sun get a little higher in the sky. .
Old 11-07-16, 11:54 AM
BKE

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
Took the Litespeed out today. Did my usual ride from Hernando to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back.
The weather is really getting nice.
RonH,
Can you tell me about the riding in your area? Wife was just mentioning Hernando Beach as a point of interest since we are planning on retiring to the Gulf side of the state to get a little closer to the daughter who is over in Port Orange.
Old 11-07-16, 02:37 PM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by BKE
RonH,
Can you tell me about the riding in your area? Wife was just mentioning Hernando Beach as a point of interest since we are planning on retiring to the Gulf side of the state to get a little closer to the daughter who is over in Port Orange.
Hernando is nowhere near Hernando Beach. HB is near the Gulf. Hernando is one of the trailheads near the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail. The trail is one of the reasons we moved to this area. It's 46 miles long and people come from all over the southeast to ride the trail. LOTS of snowbirds too. But Hernando is closer to Port Orange than HB.

Withlacoochee Trail info —> https://www.floridastateparks.org/trail/Withlacoochee

Old 11-08-16, 12:04 PM
BKE

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Ahh yes, I see now. About an hours drive apart, thanks for setting me straight.
Old 11-08-16, 01:06 PM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by BKE
Ahh yes, I see now. About an hours drive apart, thanks for setting me straight.
If you end up in Hernando Beach then the closest trail to you is the Suncoast Trail. You have to drive from home to the trail because of all the crazy traffic.
Suncoast Trail —> https://www.traillink.com/trail-maps/suncoast-trail.aspx

Old 11-08-16, 01:07 PM
RonH
Life is good

I decided to move out of my post-surgery comfort zone so rode from Hernando to the north end and back. Then decided to ride south to Inverness and back. Total of 32 miles.

Old 11-08-16, 05:36 PM
Ronno6

Went for a 32 miler on the Silver Comet on Saturday, wearing my Alabama Crimson Tide team jersey and riding my Alabama Crimson Tide decalled Fetish. I heard "Roll Tide" numerous times.
Fortunately, Roll they did!!
Sneaky grades on the Comet....600 total feet of elevation change in 32 miles.
Nice change of pace ride.
Old 11-09-16, 09:14 AM
Jaxjag
Very Old Newbie

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Sport Carbon

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RonH
I decided to move out of my post-surgery comfort zone so rode from Hernando to the north end and back. Then decided to ride south to Inverness and back. Total of 32 miles.
Good ride!
Old 11-11-16, 03:41 PM
Ronno6

30.1 miles on our standard route yesterday. Pace not bad, but a bit off from what it has been lately.
I've been pushing some higher gears (50x18,17,16 and 15) compared to what I had been using for the last couple of years, and it is helping the speeds. Not experiencing any muscle soreness as a result, so I guess I'm safe. Even using 50x19 on the longer uphills.
Sambo has been a bit off lately,tho. The last few rides had been on the mornings after he had ridden with other friends and he really struggled. Yesterday he was as rested ad I was and he still struggled.
I hope he is OK...
Old 11-12-16, 10:40 AM
Ronno6

31.3 mile Saturday Social ride. We had a new lady join the group today, spreading the scope of abilities out a bit. We rolled at a social pace and enjoyed the fall coolness.
Old 11-13-16, 03:14 PM
Jaxjag
Very Old Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I rode 55.5 miles on the General Van Fleet trail in central Florida on Friday. Nice trail. Saw a gator, armadillo, raccoon, fox squirrel and dozens of big turtles.
Old 11-14-16, 10:20 AM
Ronno6

Out for a short 21.8miles with Sambo this morning. Cool temps and no detectable wind.
Nice little jaunt.
Old 11-18-16, 01:53 PM
Ronno6

22.4 miles with a friend whose bike I tuned up yesterday afternoon.
I was concerned about getting home before headlight usage is mandated, so I cut it a bit short.

30.1 miles with Sambo, my usual "training" buddy today. We took it a bit easy but still had a decent average. I guess "easy" rides are what we considered "hard" last year.Nice.....
Old 11-18-16, 02:04 PM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
55 miles today on a beautiful November day. Ride was sort of a shakedown on my most recent build - mid-90's Bianchi converted to 650B.
Old 11-19-16, 01:48 PM
Ronno6

32.06 cold WINDY miles this morning. The Saturday Social ride was very windy this morning. I had hoped that it might be cancelled, or, at least shortened.
But...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I guess if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.
No biggie for me, but a couple of the more neophyte members of the group struggled mightily.
But, we got 'er done !
Old 11-19-16, 02:29 PM
RonH
Life is good

After working at our church all week (Sunday thru yesterday) packing Operation Christmas Child boxes I was REALLY ready to ride today. Took the Litespeed out and did my usual Hernando to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back.

Old 11-19-16, 07:10 PM
Jaxjag
Very Old Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
25 on the Baldwin trail. Tired legs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.