Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Sold off the collection

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Sold off the collection

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-20, 07:18 PM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,518 Posts
don't use them let someone else enjoy them.

are you shooting for-"I started off with nothing & still have most of it left"?
Old 08-03-20, 08:04 PM
BikeWonder

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 52 Posts
I had a nice collection. My prized possessions were my red Apollo Mixte 10 speed and my 1982 Miyata 1000. I had a few others that I sold too. I took advantage of the demand prices as it seemed like the only time I would be able to get above market value. I sold a few other Miyata 1000s I had in my collection for a nice profit.

I decided to buy a full suspension mountain bike from my earnings and I have no regrets. I live in province where mountain biking is more prominant than road cycling or touring. If I ever move to Vancouver Island, I will resume my touring escapades. There is always room for something new to learn

While I do miss my bikes, I do not regret selling them. They went to good homes and I got compensated well (not accounting for time and elbow grease,otherwise I'd be in the negative).

I only have my 1991 Miyata 1000. Never going to sell that one for sure.