Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

2-player Zwift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-20, 07:45 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
2-player Zwift?

My wife and I have long been trying to figure out a way to work out together. I usually ride outside, she goes to the gym. Today she was talking about getting an elliptical machine or a recumbent exercise bike, because the gym daycare has long been closed. I've been curious to try Zwift, so I'm wondering if there's some way we could get these activities together on the same screen. I don't think we are buying another road-going bike. I'm sure we could find some way to hook some old bent up to a trainer. But she'd prefer an elliptical.

Is there an elliptical machine that will hook up to Zwift? (not an Elliptigo, preferably a cross trainer)

And is there a cooperative or split-screen mode that would use the same screen?
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 10-17-20, 07:55 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
if this can be done I don't know how? running and cycling are the only two options for zwift right now. you can't even share accounts. If my wife rides she has to have her own account and I have to have my own. Also we can't ride at the same time on one screen. We could share the account but that is a pain because we couldn't ride at the same time then.

I don't think your idea of an elliptical will work at all unless it has a way to put a sensor on a fly wheel or something but that isn't really the same as biking?

A sitting recumbent could work again if it has a flywheel or like wheel to simulate speed.

good luck
Likes For sdmc530:
Old 10-18-20, 08:10 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Been off zwift for a while but I think you will need two monitors and two accounts. but if I recall correctly you can do a meetup so you should not have to go looking for each other.

Have fun at it.
Likes For spelger:
Old 10-19-20, 08:19 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
Been off zwift for a while but I think you will need two monitors and two accounts. but if I recall correctly you can do a meetup so you should not have to go looking for each other.

Have fun at it.
good point on the meetup. I use this with my "adopted" brother from Thailand. A really cool feature.

Two accounts would be necessary though.
Old 10-20-20, 10:51 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

So I've found several accounts of people using the treadmill shoe sensors for an elliptical. Nothing "smart," though
Old 10-24-20, 11:44 AM
Fendertele

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
If both riding and two separate accounts you may be able to use the meetup feature to see each other on a single tv screen. Have not tried this so not sure it works.
Old 10-26-20, 09:53 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
My wife and I have long been trying to figure out a way to work out together. I usually ride outside, she goes to the gym. Today she was talking about getting an elliptical machine or a recumbent exercise bike, because the gym daycare has long been closed. I've been curious to try Zwift, so I'm wondering if there's some way we could get these activities together on the same screen. I don't think we are buying another road-going bike. I'm sure we could find some way to hook some old bent up to a trainer. But she'd prefer an elliptical.

Is there an elliptical machine that will hook up to Zwift? (not an Elliptigo, preferably a cross trainer)

And is there a cooperative or split-screen mode that would use the same screen?
I don't know a way to share a screen. In our his & hers set up, we have two old TVs and two old laptops. We are lucky to be hoarders ... I mean we had the right stuff around the house.

Like you, we're not going to the gym, so we invested in new Kickrs this fall.

Likes For Hypno Toad:
Old 10-26-20, 10:13 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Thanks everyone. We are slowly settling on she has an elliptical and I'll have a trainer with Zwift and we will share a TV
Likes For Darth Lefty: