Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

I made a power simulator App for Zwifter

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-24, 03:06 AM
flexih

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a Power/Cadence/Heart Rate simulation, you set the values, start your ride, let 1Power assist you. Supports simultaneous data transmission to multiple devices. It runs on iOS/macOS.
Old 05-17-24, 04:01 AM
hidetaka

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts
Oh good, I was worried Zwift race results were TOO meaningful >.>
Old 05-17-24, 04:07 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4592 Post(s)
Liked 5,133 Times in 3,171 Posts
What is this? Is it just a Zwift cheat or does it have some useful purpose?
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 05-18-24, 09:57 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4269 Post(s)
Liked 2,987 Times in 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
What is this? Is it just a Zwift cheat or does it have some useful purpose?
If you want to compete with that ZwiftInsider dude and his bots in terms of providing test data for various setups. Nah, it's just so OP can cheat in races.

Old 05-18-24, 10:05 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by flexih
It's a Power/Cadence/Heart Rate simulation, you set the values, start your ride, let 1Power assist you. Supports simultaneous data transmission to multiple devices. It runs on iOS/macOS.
Wait, what are the inputs, and what are the outputs? I'm not sure I see what is being simulated or calculated.
Old 05-18-24, 10:07 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 1,194 Times in 695 Posts
when it was learned at work that i wrote my own traienr app one guy wanted me to modify it so it would make riding easier for him and his mountain bike in zwift. i kindly said no.
Likes For spelger:
Old 05-19-24, 01:05 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,784 Times in 2,576 Posts
For all things related to zwift cheating, Keith Wakeham is the man.

He has some really interesting projects and good videos about power meters.
Old 05-19-24, 03:45 PM
RChung
Perceptual Dullard

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 1,223 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
For all things related to zwift cheating, Keith Wakeham is the man.
https://youtu.be/aAgcd8PwXcQ?si=eKFjHLblLJfUZ9Ef

He has some really interesting projects and good videos about power meters.
Several years ago, I got pulled into a conversation with Eric Min and Jon Mayfield about detecting cheating in Zwift. I told them back then that while it would be possible to cheat in Zwift, it would be hard to do it in a way that was undetectable -- not that it was impossible to do it undetectably but that it would be hard to do it undetectably. Most of the ways that amateurs cheat wouldn't be hard to detect. For some smart and motivated cheaters, it'd be hard enough that Zwift might be willing to go to that trouble if the racing were important enough, but time-consuming enough that they wouldn't just for "everyday" racing. In my day job I'm a guy who has to work with crappy error-prone data, and I look for ways to assess crappiness, errors, and anomalies; and sometimes to come up with ways to correct or adjust or to know when just to drop the data. I'm sort of a forensic crap finder. I won't go into details but I think the way that Keith described in that video would be detectable.
Old 05-19-24, 06:45 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by RChung
Several years ago, I got pulled into a conversation with Eric Min and Jon Mayfield about detecting cheating in Zwift. I told them back then that while it would be possible to cheat in Zwift, it would be hard to do it in a way that was undetectable -- not that it was impossible to do it undetectably but that it would be hard to do it undetectably. Most of the ways that amateurs cheat wouldn't be hard to detect. For some smart and motivated cheaters, it'd be hard enough that Zwift might be willing to go to that trouble if the racing were important enough, but time-consuming enough that they wouldn't just for "everyday" racing. In my day job I'm a guy who has to work with crappy error-prone data, and I look for ways to assess crappiness, errors, and anomalies; and sometimes to come up with ways to correct or adjust or to know when just to drop the data. I'm sort of a forensic crap finder. I won't go into details but I think the way that Keith described in that video would be detectable.
There was a really good Radiolab some years ago about detecting the difference between true random data and contrived.
Old 05-19-24, 08:33 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

It wasn't really a serious suggestion. I think an app that does what Keith did is going to be detectable as well given enough effort. But if you are a low-level zwift cheater, nobody is ever going to look. It seems like zwift has implemented some kinds of cheating detection, who knows how good they are? Zwift catches the people with really unbelievable w/kg. But usually it's people seeing it and reporting them.

Last edited by unterhausen; 05-19-24 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-20-24, 08:08 AM
RChung
Perceptual Dullard

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 1,223 Times in 527 Posts
But if you are a low-level zwift cheater, nobody is ever going to look.
That's because except for the very highest levels of eRacing, cheating on Zwift has less than medium stakes.
Old 05-20-24, 08:35 AM
PeteHski

Zwift cheating at my level would just be sad. Weight and height doping is easy and how would that be detected if you were consistent?
Old 05-20-24, 10:37 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

I think they could fix height doping, but weight doping is widespread. Didn't they stop people from changing their height during an event? I made the mistake of watching zwift racing videos a while back and there are some people on there that should definitely stop racing on zwift and go pro. I think they could replace the entire pro peloton with zwift riders if their w/kg are to be believed. Would be interesting to see statistics of zwift vs. strava w/kg.

IRL, there are masters racers that dope, expecting that they will never be tested. Nothing more pathetic than that. At least cheating on zwift doesn't give you increased chance of getting cancer, like PEDs do.
Old 05-20-24, 10:53 AM
PeteHski

I think they could fix height doping, but weight doping is widespread. Didn't they stop people from changing their height during an event? I made the mistake of watching zwift racing videos a while back and there are some people on there that should definitely stop racing on zwift and go pro. I think they could replace the entire pro peloton with zwift riders if their w/kg are to be believed. Would be interesting to see statistics of zwift vs. strava w/kg.

IRL, there are masters racers that dope, expecting that they will never be tested. Nothing more pathetic than that. At least cheating on zwift doesn't give you increased chance of getting cancer, like PEDs do.
How would they fix height doping?

I agree masters racers who dope IRL are stupid.

I've lost count of the number of 6+ W/kg Zwift climbers, but I suspect most of them just have badly calibrated power as they are not usually racing anyone and their cadence is often ridiculously low.
Old 05-20-24, 11:06 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4269 Post(s)
Liked 2,987 Times in 1,835 Posts
I once had to do a weight and height video for a Zwift race. While my weight has changed a lot (both up and down) since then, my height hasn't. That one height video should be good pretty much forever (OK, eventually, I expect to start shrinking). Lock it in like they do gender after that.

Likes For himespau: