Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1993 Fuji Touring Series VII

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-22, 05:20 PM
sloar 

Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked 1,128 Times in 427 Posts

I’m a sucker for steel touring bikes. I’m picking this up tomorrow,seems like it’s in very nice original condition. Does anyone know if there is a third water bottle mount under the downtube? Guess I’ll figure it out tomorrow I was just curious.

Old 10-31-22, 11:52 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
You will have to tell us how it does. The Touring Series x were a good line of tourers, at least looking in from the outside and having experience with other Fujis. I'd love to find a Touring Series V in 64cm. About as good a chance as finding another Trek 720 in my size, IMO. Maybe worse. Lol.

My inclination is that there would be a third bottle cage boss pair since it was well after 1985 when most companies seemed to outfit their touring offerings in such a way. Pictures are scant, and the angles are unhelpful. So far it doesn't look like it. You'll see soon--hopefully there's a third set!
Old 11-01-22, 07:33 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Old 11-01-22, 12:27 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
From afar that looks like a curious change from Fuji's late 80s and early 90s touring model- Saratoga.
As for under downtube cage bosses, the Saratoga had that in 88 and 90, but it was gone on the 91 as that year only had 2 bottle cage locations. If that trend continued, then a 93 probably wouldnt have them. Guess though.

...my gravel bike has a 3rd bottle mount under the down tube. I have used it twice in over 3 years. Its a rare day when I cant find water for so long that I need a 3rd cage. And when that has happened for other rides, I planned ahead and used a Wolftooth BRad mount to add a 3rd bottle inside the main triangle since thats way more convenient. The 2 times I did use the lower bottle mount was when I actually had to carry a 4th bottle.
Old 11-01-22, 04:43 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked 1,376 Times in 721 Posts
Never heard of or seen a Touring Series VII. I had an 86 Series V and it had three bottle placements. The 85 Miyata 1000 I have has three bottle placements as well. Without a doubt the Miyata makes for a better touring platform as the wheel size is more to my liking and the frame easily fits 38mm tires. The Miyata frame is also tighter, ie stiffer than the Ishiwata tubed Fuji. I am the original owner of both bikes and know them quite well. i still ride the Miyata, the Fuji I sold two summers ago. It was the prettier bike of the two, but just not as good for loaded touring.
Old 11-01-22, 05:18 PM
sloar 

Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked 1,128 Times in 427 Posts
Just picked it up and sitting in ALDIs parking lot waiting on my wife. Bike is in mint condition , full Shimano LX group, which is nice. No third bottle cage.