Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Did You Ride Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-16, 07:43 PM
Jaxjag
Very Old Newbie

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Sport Carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Added 11 on the road in front of my house. I hate riding on that road.
Old 11-21-16, 01:21 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
It was ~50F when I got to the Hernando trailhead this morning. Bundled up in a base layer undershirt, Assos arm warmers, my warm vest and smart wool socks I headed north with the Cannondale on the Withlacoochee Trail. Only saw about 6 riders for the whole route. I guess the yankees aren't as tough as they say they are.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 11-21-16 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-24-16, 12:11 PM
RonH
Life is good

My wife got everything ready for today (with a little help form me ) so she said I could head out today.
It was a beautiful day with morning temps about 62F when I got to the trailhead. There were a few other riders out there. Did my usual ride and headed home.
Happy Thanksgiving.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-24-16, 01:42 PM
Jaxjag
Very Old Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Got a quick 15 in on the highway. Not much traffic and beautiful weather.
Old 11-24-16, 02:06 PM
sempre1

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre xr1/ Wilier Cento1air/Giant trc adv 2

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Im done for the season i wish i could ride more but the weather here sucks big time:-(
Old 11-24-16, 06:28 PM
btbeth

Bikes: Cannondale T-2000, Specialized Roubaix

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Enjoyed a nice 22 miler this morning. Great way to start a day that traditionally includes over eating and watching too much TV!

Happy Thanksgiving Folks!
Old 11-25-16, 12:16 PM
RonH
Life is good

Welcome btbeth. Not sure i've seen you post in the SE section before. Don't be a stranger.

Old 11-26-16, 12:42 PM
Jaxjag
Very Old Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rode a quick 15 today. Perfect riding weather but my son insisted we get back for football.
Old 11-29-16, 01:45 PM
RonH
Life is good

Did my usual Ride on the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail. today. Had a nice head wind on the ride back to the car.

Old 12-03-16, 02:23 PM
RonH
Life is good

Now that cooler weather is here it seems I'm having trouble riding on a regular basis. Too many other commitments and appointments during the week.
Got a chance to head out today. It was 63F when I got to the trailhead. Had a base layer undershirt under my s/s jersey. For some reason the yankees who are down here think 63F is COLD. They were all wearing jackets. One guy had a jacket and a scarf wrapped around his neck and draped across his face to block the cold.
Anyway, did my usual ride. I gotta start increasing my miles.

Old 12-10-16, 02:19 PM
RonH
Life is good

After another busy week (I thought I was retired ) I had a chance to head out today. It was 58F and breezy when I got to the trailhead. Rode from Hernando to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail. Then south to Inverness and back to Hernando for a total of 32 miles.

Seems many days there are more dog walkers than cyclists on the trail. This trend started about year ago. Most don't have a bag or pooper scooper and many let the dog take a dump in the middle of the trail.

Old 12-13-16, 02:58 PM
Ronno6

Bikes: Cannondale SR's and ST's from the '80's

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 20 Posts
I had not ridden in 12 days due to travel and weather,and only 1 ride in the past 18 days.Tuesday was gonna be bad, so I got out Monday for a slow and easy 24 miles.
Turned out to be slow and HARD !
I always say, There are no easy rides and hard rides....there's only fast rides and slow rides...they're ALL hard!
Old 12-15-16, 03:27 PM
RonH
Life is good

Another busy week I'll be glad when Christmas is over with so my schedule can get back to "normal".
Headed out today on the Cannondale and rode south to Inverness, then headed north to the end of the trail. Had a nice cool headwind for the entire ride north. Then headed back to Hernando. Total of 30,.8 miles.

Old 12-15-16, 09:14 PM
Ronno6

Bikes: Cannondale SR's and ST's from the '80's

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 20 Posts
Sambo and I waited til about 1pm for things to warm up....they never really dod.
So, after a sparse riding schedule over the past 4 weeks or so, we did 22 "easy," breezy, chilly miles in the sunshine.
Old 12-17-16, 01:50 PM
RonH
Life is good

We'll be busy tomorrow so got out today for a ride. Rode 28.5 miles before hurrying home to help my wife with the preparations for tomorrow.

Old 12-20-16, 12:14 PM
RonH
Life is good

Yes I rode today but ......

...... I was underdressed for the weather. It was 62F, completely overcast and the wind was out of the NE when I got to the trailhead. Had a lightweight vest and no arm warmers. Rode from Hernando to Holder and threw in the towel. Turned around and headed back to the car. I should have worn a heavier vest and arm warmers. My fingers warmed up about 10 minutes after I got home.

Old 12-22-16, 03:50 PM
RonH
Life is good

Rode from Hernando to the bike shop today to pick up some new gloves. Got a pair of Sugoi Formula FX gloves. i like the padding.
Then I rode to the north end of the trail and back to Hernando for a total of 33 miles.

Old 12-22-16, 03:57 PM
Ex Pres 
Cat 6

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 183 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
Got a chance to head out today. It was 63F when I got to the trailhead. Had a base layer undershirt under my s/s jersey. For some reason the yankees who are down here think 63F is COLD. They were all wearing jackets. One guy had a jacket and a scarf wrapped around his neck and draped across his face to block the cold.

...... I was underdressed for the weather. It was 62F, completely overcast and the wind was out of the NE when I got to the trailhead. Had a lightweight vest and no arm warmers. Rode from Hernando to Holder and threw in the towel. Turned around and headed back to the car. I should have worn a heavier vest and arm warmers. My fingers warmed up about 10 minutes after I got home.
That extra degree made you become one, didn't it?

I hope I get to enjoy that with retirement some day
Old 12-22-16, 07:07 PM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by Ex Pres

The sunshine and lack of wind makes all the difference.

I hope you do too.

Old 12-24-16, 02:22 PM
RonH
Life is good

Did a quick Christmas eve ride this morning. Rode the Litespeed from Hernando to the north end and back. Saw as many dog walkers as cyclists.

Old 12-25-16, 10:27 PM
fire

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't tell anyone, but... he's a bit of a wimp when the sun isn't out if it's below 72° 😊😉

❄ Merry Christmas everyone. ❄
Old 12-27-16, 02:05 PM
RonH
Life is good

The weather was awesome today — sunny and 70F when I got to the trailhead. Rode from Inverness to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back. Saw that the overflow parking in Hernando was packed and there were 3 cars (all "foreigners") illegally parked at the main parking area in Hernando. Those folks better be careful. I've seen the sheriff ticketing illegally parked cars at that parking area..
Rode 32.5 miles.

Old 12-29-16, 02:22 PM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Litespeed out today. Rode from Hernando to the north end of the trail. The sky was dark and gray when I got there. Refilled a water bottle and headed back to Hernando.

Old 12-31-16, 08:13 PM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Cannondale out today for my last ride of the year. It was ~55F and a light north wind when I got to the Hernando trailhead so I needed to dress properly — base layer undershirt, arm warmers, jacket, knee warmers and full finger gloves.
Rode to the north end of the trail and removed the knee warmers and removable sleeves on the jacket.
Headed back to the car for 22 cool miles.
Happy New Year.

Old 01-03-17, 03:13 PM
mrz80
Luddite

Bikes: 2000 Maruishi frameset w/Ultegra for the pavement, Trek 6000 for offroad and commuting

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Long time no ride! Got back into it last week, whilst on a family reunion junket to the Panhandle. Got in three 15ish mile rides on and around St. George Island and Appalachicola. First day's ride wasn't bad, just really really foggy, but the second? Boy howdy were there winds! Westerlies in the 15-20MPH range. Felt great heading east, but when I hit the park entrance and turned around it was like running into the proverbial brick wall!

Spiffy light house where the road from the mainland comes in.

Third ride was over to Appalachicola (but not back - see the earlier note about headwinds ). In the distance you can see what they do for hills along the coast. That's the new bridge across to the mainland. Dunno if the old bridge was just worn out or if it was wrecked by a storm at some point. They left chunks of it as fishing piers on either end.

And the view from atop the second bridge, looking down into Appalachicola. SO many good seafood restaurants!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20161229_111034.jpg.640.jpg (69.4 KB, 14 views)
20161229_120432.jpg.640.jpg (60.2 KB, 15 views)
20161231_120909.jpg.640.jpg (57.8 KB, 14 views)
20161231_125250.jpg.640.jpg (69.3 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by mrz80; 01-03-17 at 03:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.