Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Why are Modern Bikes So Expensive?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Why are Modern Bikes So Expensive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-24, 03:43 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7052 Post(s)
Liked 11,106 Times in 4,742 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
No one has "Dismissed the advancements made in modern bicycles as something the average consumer cannot appreciate." .

Umm…

Are you honestly suggesting some guy in his 60's can take full advantage of all that race proven performance on an entry level Tarmac, let alone one of those top of the line wonder bikes?
You can parse the words “full advantage,” but it’s pretty clear that you’re contradicting yourself here.

But I’ll take you seriously, for the moment. I would suggest that you are dead wrong: Anyone can indeed take full advantage of a nice racing bike. If it makes a pro faster, why wouldn’t it make any old amateur racer faster? And again, if you’re going to parse the words “full advantage,” please tell us how you would measure that. (These are serious questions that I’d like you to address, rather than dismiss with some pithy remark) And again, none of this – none of the stuff you’re writing about – has anything to do with the thread’s premise.

Last edited by Koyote; 04-06-24 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-06-24, 03:55 PM
terrymorse 
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3495 Post(s)
Liked 3,637 Times in 1,823 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
But it's not between the first 2 piece adjustable system which was/must be included in the equation according to the time frame established. You can't leave that out at your convenience.
You made the general statement “previous systems”, right after listing what they were. Including non-integrated carbon bar+stem as the last “previous system”.

This last “previous system” is no cheaper than the integrated system, throwing cold water on your implication that there is this relentless trend towards more expensive components.

Old 04-06-24, 04:39 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked 1,335 Times in 681 Posts
...do you understand what a "strawman argument" is ? No one has "Dismissed the advancements made in modern bicycles as something the average consumer cannot appreciate." What I have done (I cannot speak for others), is to point out that at least some of the modern tech fans here, are riding on versions of modern bicycles that are more suited to their needs than full race versions. These are people who "appreciate" the full race versions, but have come to the conclusion they hurt their butts on longer rides...or something. I have to be careful not to strawman your strawman.

So they're not sold on the full race versions, in terms of "progress". I'm tired of explaining it, and you'll continue to restate what you believe anyway. The weather is better here today, and it's finally stopped raining. I'll be going out on my own preference shortly. You're on your own for what you want to do.
If riding for you, between getting ready, riding and cleaning up afterwards followed by going back on line posting in just over a hour, no wonder you view the sport and equipment different than most.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-06-24 at 06:39 PM.
Likes For Atlas Shrugged:
Old 04-06-24, 05:16 PM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Yep, you were just making stuff up.
What the heck are you talking about?
Likes For vespasianus:
Old 04-06-24, 05:20 PM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by georges1

I don't think that modern bikes perform much better than a well tuned and maintained bikes from 10 or 15 years ago. Some people like to buy new bikes like they buy a new car during a certain period.
I am starting to believe this. The race data does make that point pretty clear.
Likes For vespasianus:
Old 04-06-24, 05:40 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 987 Times in 656 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus
I am starting to believe this. The race data does make that point pretty clear.
Well , I am not into 11-12 speeds shimano groupsets because of cable eating shifter issues and problematic bonded cranksets, I don't do disk brakes since they were irrelevant until 2015/2016 and none cared about them before. Dual pivot rim brakes offer very good stopping power on a road bike that if you chose dura ace or ultegra and not the skeletonized campy record or chorus rim brakes which is single pivot at the rear and dual pivot at the front. Electronic shifting,I haven't see any road bike riders nearby me using di2 or sram etap . Imagine the battery is dead and you are stuck in the not correct gear, it is just not worth it. For frames, it is a personal matter of preference. I will always prefer a high end steel or a high end aluminium frame which is hand made rather than a mass produced carbon frame which for me is barely comfortable ( I have riden on some carbon bikes and no it is not as comfy as steel or aluminium).The Dura Ace 7800 is my favorite groupset regarding road bikes, it was superbly designed, proven, sturdy and reliable. Price of spare parts for the Dura Ace 7800 are on the rise lately.
Likes For georges1:
Old 04-06-24, 05:51 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4482 Post(s)
Liked 4,953 Times in 3,062 Posts
Well , I am not into 11-12 speeds shimano groupsets because of cable eating shifter issues and problematic bonded cranksets, I don't do disk brakes since they were irrelevant until 2015/2016 and none cared about them before. Dual pivot rim brakes offer very good stopping power on a road bike that if you chose dura ace or ultegra and not the skeletonized campy record or chorus rim brakes which is single pivot at the rear and dual pivot at the front. Electronic shifting,I haven't see any road bike riders nearby me using di2 or sram etap . Imagine the battery is dead and you are stuck in the not correct gear, it is just not worth it. For frames, it is a personal matter of preference. I will always prefer a high end steel or a high end aluminium frame which is hand made rather than a mass produced carbon frame which for me is barely comfortable ( I have riden on some carbon bikes and no it is not as comfy as steel or aluminium).The Dura Ace 7800 is my favorite groupset regarding road bikes, it was superbly designed, proven, sturdy and reliable. Price of spare parts for the Dura Ace 7800 are on the rise lately.
I get the impression you would talk yourself out of anything new. What carbon bikes did you ride out of interest?
Old 04-06-24, 06:11 PM
spclark 

Bikes: 1972 Motobecane Grand Record, 2022 Kona Dew+

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
I wanted to share that I just finished listening to a fascinating podcast about the development and manufacturing of high-end carbon bikes. The interview featured the owner of Factor Bikes who provided some interesting insights. One of the things that really caught my attention was the actual cost of the materials used in making top-tier bikes. I was also surprised to learn about the amount of time it takes to train a builder.
I've been kinda busy with work the last few weeks, missed having time to keep up with new threads here.

This one caught my eye this afternoon so in reply to your title question I have to ask: you priced a Bugatti Veyron or McClaren street ride lately?

Used to be you could spend a couple hundred thousand on super-fast, expensive and state-of-the (then) -art street vehicle. A Lotus Elan S2 was like $5,500 new, Shelby 427 Cobra was $7,000.

Now a 'used' original 427 Cobra in good shape runs maybe $2,000,000, an original Elan maybe $80,000.

I'm still riding my 1972 era $400 Motobecane road bike, weather permitting, never put a carbon-anything between my legs.
Likes For spclark:
Old 04-06-24, 06:20 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Originally Posted by PeteHski
I get the impression you would talk yourself out of anything new. What carbon bikes did you ride out of interest?
I rode the following carbon road bikes: Storck Scenario C 1.1, Giant TCR Advanced, Focus Izalco Max, Specialized S Works Tarmac SL5, Trek OCLV5900 and Merida Scultura. The one new thing I wouldn't mind have to own would be the Specialized Allez 40th anniversary frame made of Reynolds 853 built by Toyo Bikes in Osaka, in the past in the 80's some of the Specialized Allez were handbuilt in Japan using Tange tubing by Yoshi Konno , the founder of 3 Rensho ,a well known japanese bike brand. The Allez 40th anniversary frame is 6000$ alone.
Likes For georges1:
Old 04-06-24, 06:36 PM
PromptCritical 

Bikes: Paramount Track Bike, Colnago Super, Santana Tandems (1995 & 2007), Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Wahoo, Bianchi Track Bike, a couple of Honda mountain bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Maybe not, but we are getting ever closer to "I can't ride my bike today. It won't connect to the internet."
My 1976 Colnago Super and '69 Alfa Romeo GTV have EXACTLY the right amount of electronics!
Old 04-06-24, 09:22 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 5025 Post(s)
Liked 8,214 Times in 3,884 Posts
Originally Posted by PromptCritical
My 1976 Colnago Super and '69 Alfa Romeo GTV have EXACTLY the right amount of electronics!
If that’s what’s EXACTLY right for you, cool. My preferences are different.
Old 04-06-24, 10:19 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7666 Post(s)
Liked 3,529 Times in 1,857 Posts
Well , I am not into 11-12 speeds shimano groupsets because of cable eating shifter issues and problematic bonded cranksets,
The cables don't break any more quickly ... thought they do need to be changed before they break all the way through. The bonded cranksets were a few hundred out of tens of thousands. And ... you can get a new one free of charge.
I don't do disk brakes since they were irrelevant until 2015/2016 and none cared about them before. Dual pivot rim brakes offer very good stopping power on a road bike that if you chose dura ace or ultegra and not the skeletonized campy record or chorus rim brakes which is single pivot at the rear and dual pivot at the front.
Well, maybe you don't need discs ... the really fast descenders are using discs because the greater braking control lets them hit speeds which could nto --safely-- be achieved on rim brakes. personally, I only use discs on my rain/work bike and MTB, but I am not opposed to discs.
Electronic shifting,I haven't see any road bike riders nearby me using di2 or sram etap . Imagine the battery is dead and you are stuck in the not correct gear, it is just not worth it. For frames, it is a personal matter of preference.
Yeah, and break a shift cable and you are in the same boat. Of course, if you run lights and ride at night .... some of us are able to keep things charged and even have backups. [QUOTE=georges1;23207363] I will always prefer a high end steel or a high end aluminium frame which is hand made rather than a mass produced carbon frame which for me is barely comfortable ( I have riden on some carbon bikes and no it is not as comfy as steel or aluminium). [QUOTE=georges1;23207363] yeah, Bullstuff. I have to say, as a crossing point between cost, durability, and comfort, an AL frame with a CF fork and seat tube is about as good as it gets. But ... I have steel, aluminum, and CF bikes and if you cannot get cvomfortable on CF it is because you do not want to .
The Dura Ace 7800 is my favorite groupset regarding road bikes, it was superbly designed, proven, sturdy and reliable. Price of spare parts for the Dura Ace 7800 are on the rise lately.
Yeah ... never used 7800, but 6800 and 5800 are strong favorites of mine. I would certainly move on to DI2 in 105 or Ultegra though.

However, I have an open mind ... which gives me a range of options you don't allow yourself.
Old 04-06-24, 11:35 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26456 Post(s)
Liked 10,416 Times in 7,231 Posts

Umm…

You can parse the words “full advantage,” but it’s pretty clear that you’re contradicting yourself here.

But I’ll take you seriously, for the moment. I would suggest that you are dead wrong: Anyone can indeed take full advantage of a nice racing bike. If it makes a pro faster, why wouldn’t it make any old amateur racer faster? And again, if you’re going to parse the words “full advantage,” please tell us how you would measure that. (These are serious questions that I’d like you to address, rather than dismiss with some pithy remark) And again, none of this – none of the stuff you’re writing about – has anything to do with the thread’s premise.
...for the moment, let's pretend you are actually open to discussion on this topic, and not simply trying to get into another long semantic argument...semantic argument seems to be your comfort zone.

A full race bike frame is designed with people in mind, who push them along at regular speeds of 25-28mph. Thus the "stiffer" frame, more aggressive geometry, and the aero profiling features on frame and wheels. There are several elements that come into play, when I say you're not going to take "full advantage" of such a bicycle. One is that you're not strong enough for the stiffer frame to matter much for your power input. they are laterally stiff, and vertically not nearly compliant enough for mere humans going any distance.

More important is that you're going along at slower speeds than the cat 1 racer crowd. So taking "full advantage" of the aero profiles is dubious, at best. But certainly given your abilities (as an older rider, at whatever level of the sport you now enjoy), you can buy some performance advantages at the bike store. If it makes you feel any less put upon, I can't take full advantage of my steel full race frames, either. I know this because I've ridden some of them, on and off, for the past 20-25 years, and I know what I could do on them, versus what I can do on them now, similarly equipped.

But I can still "appreciate" them, for what they are. And I can still ride on them. How you've managed to concoct a semantic argument that equates "appreciate" with "take full advantage" (in use), is a mystery to me, but it must make sense to you. Like I said, semantic argument seems to be your comfort zone. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to follow the logic chain on this one.

So no, you (an old racer) "going faster" is not taking "full advantage" of the top end race bike we're discussing...the expensive ones. But your argument on this will always return to your starting point, which is price is not that big a deal to you, and you want the "best" bicycle that suits your supposed needs. If "going faster" is one of those needs, which apparently it is, then anything that might help some is worth a try...you have discretionary funding for whatever appeals to you.

You want to measure it. OK, let me know when you can hang with the Cat 1-2 guys in your local scene, then get back to me. I concede those guys are probably able to use such a bike to full advantage, even if they're not racing professionally.

Last edited by 3alarmer; 04-06-24 at 11:49 PM.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 04-06-24, 11:41 PM
3alarmer

And again, none of this – none of the stuff you’re writing about – has anything to do with the thread’s premise.
...so why go into this digression ? You and I both know it's in hope of finding something else you can tease out of my reply to use as another avenue of attack. Why not just find another outlet ?
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 04-07-24, 08:09 AM
Koyote

...for the moment, let's pretend you are actually open to discussion on this topic, and not simply trying to get into another long semantic argument...semantic argument seems to be your comfort zone.
Semantics refers to the meanings of words, including collections of words (sentences, paragraphs, cause-effect claims, etc.). Here on the internet, communicating asynchronously and without the benefit of expression, gesture, and tone-of-voice, words are all we've got.

In my experience, people often make your complaint when they've been called out for making nonsensical or contradictory claims.

A full race bike frame is designed with people in mind, who push them along at regular speeds of 25-28mph. Thus the "stiffer" frame, more aggressive geometry, and the aero profiling features on frame and wheels. There are several elements that come into play, when I say you're not going to take "full advantage" of such a bicycle. One is that you're not strong enough for the stiffer frame to matter much for your power input. they are laterally stiff, and vertically not nearly compliant enough for mere humans going any distance.

More important is that you're going along at slower speeds than the cat 1 racer crowd. So taking "full advantage" of the aero profiles is dubious, at best.
Like many of the C&V refugees who wander over here, you apparently don't understand how aerodynamics work -- specifically, how drag impacts riders at different speeds. And, as usual, you are personalizing the argument -- which is weird, especially since I don't own (and have never owned) a "top end race bike." And given your statements above, I think you'd be pretty surprised by the bikes that I do ride. But it'll suffice to merely state that you are waaay off-base.

I've always found it weird that the C&V fans (some of them, anyway) seem to feel threatened when people point out that newer bikes are better in some ways. I mean, look at how this thread devolved into a huge argument over that very question!

...so why go into this digression ? You and I both know it's in hope of finding something else you can tease out of my reply to use as another avenue of attack. Why not just find another outlet ?
You're the one who keeps dragging the argument in this direction.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 04-07-24, 08:52 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked 2,994 Times in 1,700 Posts
ual pivot rim brakes offer very good stopping power on a road bike that if you chose dura ace or ultegra and not the skeletonized campy record or chorus rim brakes which is single pivot at the rear and dual pivot at the front.
In what way were those Campy Record or Chorus rim brakes lacking? I've seen them but never used them.
Old 04-07-24, 09:05 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked 1,641 Times in 940 Posts
...thank you. Is there some reason they need to be proprietary, that I am also missing ?
There is no reason that a headset or seatpost must be proprietary. It's just that some are. There is an entire ISO number system defining the various attributes a headset conforms to. Just specify Zero Stack, integrated, or external cup, and the bearing or crown race diameter and any headset with those attributes will fit.

I think the hurdle is when it comes to modern times,the reality is manufacturers think and act on a global scale. This necessarily means a minimum production run of millions of units over a decade or more just to make the profit& loss numbers work properly. This does not reward being an outlier. And there are International Standards Organizations for exactly this reason. The health and relevance of the industry depends on it

Of course certain not ISO things are proprietary like the Trek seat mast or the Specialized Future Shock or Shimanos' centerlock brake standard. But more often than not there are generic equivalents to retro back to industry standard. Often times supplied by the OEM themselves if not a 3rd party.

The Trek seat mast for example is more about removing variables in how the seat tube interacts with the seat stays and top tube for proper suspension/shock absorbtion than it is about customer gouging on aftermarket sales. It more driven by frame design than anything. It's not like it is a breakable part anyway, really. But it would be simple enough for a generic Origin8 or similar to make if there were a market for it.

Specialized Future Shock can be dummied out with this aftermarket replacement https://www.thebikesauce.com/product...gid-delete-kit (That I just searched for, just now.) But Specialized has also been pretty forthright with the repair parts and instructions should there ever be a problem. Brand value practically requires it.

Any actual innovation will become industry standard soon enough anyway. Suntours slant parallelogram or the Campagnolo derailleur hanger for example. I don't think there's that much to worry about.

The innovation of 3rd party inventors around the edges is actually one of the more interesting things to me. That is one thing I know will never go away.

Last edited by base2; 04-07-24 at 09:10 AM.
Likes For base2:
Old 04-07-24, 10:07 AM
3alarmer

Semantics refers to the meanings of words, including collections of words (sentences, paragraphs, cause-effect claims, etc.). Here on the internet, communicating asynchronously and without the benefit of expression, gesture, and tone-of-voice, words are all we've got.

In my experience, people often make your complaint when they've been called out for making nonsensical or contradictory claims.
... this reply contains absolutely no response to the information you requested from me, which was (let me make sure I have your exact words):

Note the use of the "Royal We" here, a worthy addition to a semantic argument.

Like many of the C&V refugees who wander over here, you apparently don't understand how aerodynamics work -- specifically, how drag impacts riders at different speeds

...I have a very far removed memory of how drag coefficients are calculated. It's not something I did for a living. What exactly am I missing, when I say you can't go fast enough to take full advantage of this aspect of the design ? Certainly the rider's profile is the most significant factor in calculating total drag...which is why fairings are outlawed in competition. What am I missing? ...Here is a teaching moment for you.

Also, just as an FYI, I am not a "refugee". I have a passport, just like yours.

And, as usual, you are personalizing the argument -- which is weird, especially since I don't own (and have never owned) a "top end race bike." And given your statements above, I think you'd be pretty surprised by the bikes that I do ride. But it'll suffice to merely state that you are waaay off-base.
...no, quite clearly I am responding to your request:

​​​​​​​Anyone can indeed take full advantage of a nice racing bike. If it makes a pro faster, why wouldn’t it make any old amateur racer faster?
And you have managed to tease out of it, some imagined personal attack, because you are, indeed, "any old racer".

​​​​​​​I've always found it weird that the C&V fans (some of them, anyway) seem to feel threatened when people point out that newer bikes are better in some ways. I mean, look at how this thread devolved into a huge argument over that very question!
...yes. And you spend a great deal of your time at the computer expressing this feeling. It's the same projection you just accused me of, isn't it ? Have I really come across on this issue as "feeling threatened" ?

​​​​​​​You're the one who keeps dragging the argument in this direction.
...says the guy who initiated this digression. I guess the "moment" has passed.

Honestly, while I find your personal devotion to picking me out of the crowd as someone who needs to be used as an example of spurious C+V logical fallacy, you need to find someone else. People are beginning to talk.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Old 04-07-24, 10:15 AM
3alarmer

...many of the C&V refugees...
...it's a shame I can't give this the attention it deserves outside of P+R.
Old 04-07-24, 10:23 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10477 Post(s)
Liked 11,991 Times in 6,139 Posts
Aerodynamics is not a question of GROUND SPEED, it's a question of AIR SPEED. I routinely ride into headwinds that add 10-15 mph to my air speed, even if my ground speed is only 15-20 mph. IOW, my air speed could be 35 mph. At times, I even go downhill into that same headwind at speeds up to 30 mph. So, "If you're not a racer, you're not going fast enough for aerodynamics to matter" is a nonsensical argument.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 04-07-24, 10:29 AM
3alarmer

Originally Posted by genejockey
Aerodynamics is not a question of GROUND SPEED, it's a question of AIR SPEED. I routinely ride into headwinds that add 10-15 mph to my air speed, even if my ground speed is only 15-20 mph. IOW, my air speed could be 35 mph. At times, I even go downhill into that same headwind at speeds up to 30 mph. So, "If you're not a racer, you're not going fast enough for aerodynamics to matter" is a nonsensical argument.
....not as long as ground speed also gets factored into the equation, it's not. Unless the wind is from behind you (which is very enjoyable, BTW), those things are additive quantities. Anyway, nobody (certainly not me) has made this claim:

If you're not a racer, you're not going fast enough for aerodynamics to matter
This is what we call another strawman. The claim, as presented, is that lesser mortals are ill equipped to "take full advantage" of the design. I've been quite clear in stating you can buy some performance advantage at the bike store.
Old 04-07-24, 10:32 AM
3alarmer

...these threads remind me of the old Midnight Stoner Movie classic, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". You never really understand exactly what motivates the tomatoes, and they just keep rolling in from every direction.

Looks like another spectacular weather day, here in NorCal. You kids have fun, however you choose to spend the day. I'm finally back to about 90% of pre surgical status, so time spent in General Cycling is deducted from my remaining time on earth. The reward potential is poor in here, so decisions have to be made.

Last edited by 3alarmer; 04-07-24 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-07-24, 11:07 AM
Koyote

Originally Posted by genejockey
That's only one of the reasons why his argument is nonsensical.
Old 04-07-24, 11:08 AM
georges1
Steel is real

Originally Posted by Trakhak
In what way were those Campy Record or Chorus rim brakes lacking? I've seen them but never used them.
They lack the smoothness and immediate bite of their shimano dual pivot counterparts also shimano introduced the dual pivot dura ace brake back in 1991 that was 3 years ahead campy which was proposing until 1994 not so efficient monoplaner single pivot brakes.
Likes For georges1:
Old 04-07-24, 11:47 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3560 Post(s)
Liked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Honestly, while I find your personal devotion to picking me out of the crowd as someone who needs to be used as an example of spurious C+V logical fallacy, you need to find someone else.
He used to start pissing matches with me too, but couldn’t take it and finally put me on ignore. I wish you the same good fortune.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.