Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Orange County

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 10:31 PM
ricecracker420

Bikes: Conley Carbon Canyon (ancient MTB)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Orange County

Looking for group rides to get in with, aside from long beach and garden grove critical mass. (got hassled by some cops, even though we were following the letter of the law) Still going to those, but anything going on that's not on a second or last friday?
Old 09-30-08, 08:17 AM
jamlo21

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
what's your level of riding? if you want a slower pace, the bicycle club of irvine and the OC Rebel Riders have different level rides on sat and sun's.

If you want race pace, try the food park and como ride on sat and sun (respectively). All these rides leave out of irvine--well, como is tustin, but close enough. not sure if you're willing to drive that far.

if not, im sure there's a LB bike club. google is your friend.
Likes For jamlo21:
Old 09-30-08, 01:17 PM
dddave

Bikes: 2012 redline conquest pro / 2008 yeti 575 / motobecan fantom cross uno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what kind of bike do you have?
Old 09-30-08, 01:59 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not certain where and when you want to ride and if you are looking for a certain type of group. I would check out Orange County Wheelmen, OC Rebels (which sounds like what you want), Bike Club of Irvine, Santiago Cyclery, Sand Canyon Cyclery... there are tons of groups in OC. Many ride during the week as well as weekends. Many have different levels of riding, speed and distance. More information please.

Here's a link that might help...

https://www.bikelink.com/clubs.htm

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.
Old 09-30-08, 02:55 PM
ricecracker420

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have a mountain bike that's about 15 years old, but i keep up with most people anyways, mostly i just wanna ride, and i've ditched my car completely until new years. Oh it's a conley carbon canyon 21 speed
Old 09-30-08, 03:57 PM
Extort
Dagger Boy

Bikes: 1999 GT 5.0i mountain, 2004 Basso Reef road

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
there is Lightning Velo... with the snazzy blue and pink color scheme...
Old 09-30-08, 05:52 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ricecracker420
i have a mountain bike that's about 15 years old, but i keep up with most people anyways, mostly i just wanna ride, and i've ditched my car completely until new years. Oh it's a conley carbon canyon 21 speed
Why don't you come out and try Bike Club of Irvine's Saturday ride. Start wit the yellow ride and see how you do. It's a fairly social group with strong and fast, weak and slow, mellow riders. You shold be able to find a group to hang with. If you just want to check it out, go tot eh web site bikeirvine.org, check rides. Also think about joining the "newbie" ride the first of every month. It's slow and pokey but gives you an intro to club riding.

Question is how will you get to the start?

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.
Old 10-01-08, 10:33 AM
ricecracker420

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
probably bike my way from garden grove to irvine
i'll see if some friends want to join the ride to the start
i just google mapped it, it's only 17 miles from my house to deerfield park, as long as i don't do any extended riding the day before, i'll be able to make it
Old 06-25-23, 11:12 PM
MLJumpman

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie trails to practice fundamentals like jumps, etc.

Hello from OC! I recently got a Trek mountain bike and am new at this. I am curious which trail is the best to learn jumps and fundamentals easily. I recently went to Santiago Oaks and went up Chutes > Cactus > Barham Ridge > Chutes Ridgeline (black diamond) for a crash course and fortunately did not crash but was braking most of the time. Had a great time but was definitely out of my comfort zone.

I would love to get some suggestions on some courses that I can practice fundamentals on such as flowy trails with easy jumps and whatnot. Any advice would be great. I'm located in Irvine so nearby trails is preferred for convenience but not required. Thank you!!
Old 06-27-23, 09:46 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 928 Times in 541 Posts
You should probably start a new thread, you'll get more responses. This thread is 15 years old.
Old 06-27-23, 10:37 AM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,961 Times in 944 Posts
Originally Posted by MLJumpman
Hello from OC! I recently got a Trek mountain bike and am new at this. I am curious which trail is the best to learn jumps and fundamentals easily. I recently went to Santiago Oaks and went up Chutes > Cactus > Barham Ridge > Chutes Ridgeline (black diamond) for a crash course and fortunately did not crash but was braking most of the time. Had a great time but was definitely out of my comfort zone.

I would love to get some suggestions on some courses that I can practice fundamentals on such as flowy trails with easy jumps and whatnot. Any advice would be great. I'm located in Irvine so nearby trails is preferred for convenience but not required. Thank you!!
The Fullerton Loop is considered a place to cut your teeth.
Likes For CAT7RDR: