Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Current PDG Paramount value???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-22, 08:23 AM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
Current PDG Paramount value???

I just posted some before pics of a 81 PDG Paramount I just brought home for restoration from the bike exchange . I have been looking at some old threads and back in 2017 they were quoting about $300. for one in good but not pristine condition.

I just finished taking a bunch of stickers off the frame and the condition of the paint is really very good. it is grey with white speckles. That is actually good for me since it is pretty easy to mix up a matching grey to touch up scratches. The bike has an all Campi group including 8 speed brifters , plus 3ttt bars . It had mis matched rims which I am going to replace with a set of whiite Aeromax or black Velomax wheels , then lube everything, polish, and re assemble.

When all is complete I am curious as to what the current value would be. The bike Exchange advertises anything we think is worth over $500 on E Bay. with all the Campy bits do you all think it reaches the price threshold.
Would we be better off selling the campy group separately and mounting 105 hardware on it. I have all the bits in my stash at home although some is a little shop worn .
Old 06-17-22, 09:04 AM
Mackers

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 141 Posts
Record Ergopowers and seat post.
Rest appears to be lower tier stuff but hard to tell from the picture.

I hated 8 speed Campagnolo myself but I'm sure you'll find takers if you strip it off and sell it separately.
Old 06-17-22, 09:54 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Value of group exceeds value of whole. To maximize $$, you will have to sell separately.

There is ample ebay SOLD history on all of it. Locally, depends on your market.

Rebuilt with 105 parts maybe $250. On the other hand, frame/fork/headset/seatpost will probably bring that much and you save on consumable spending AND time.

I am always cautious on frames covered with stickers. I've found rust and dents under them in the past. Its great nothing was lurking there!

My favorite was a purchase from a bike shop. They had placed a large price tag in a very bizarre location. I asked them if there was anything lurking under that tag. They assured me they would "never" do that. I said, OK, lets remove the tag." Of course, there was a NASTY dent underneath it. They acted shocked....

Last edited by wrk101; 06-17-22 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-17-22, 02:57 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
that cleaned up nicer than i thought it would