Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1992 (?) GT Tachyon Crossover

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-21, 07:37 AM
chrisboyne

Bikes: GT Edge, GT Tachyon Raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1992 (?) GT Tachyon Crossover

Hello. I completely rebuilt a GT Tachyon Crossover (1992 model I think) for my wife but unfortunately the frame is just too big and it isn't going to work for her. The bike is all original and in very nice condition. I would like to list it for sale locally and I would like to set a fair asking price. Any thoughts? This is a very rare bike where I am in Canada- I looked for my own Tachyon for 8-10 years before buying it locally. This is only the second one I have ever seen come up for sale.

The only issues with the bike:

The original 700d tires are in bad condition. I have a set of NOS 700d slicks that I could include with the sale though they are backups for my own Tachyon and I am reluctant to sell them. I was thinking about offering them to the potential buyer for an additional price. Otherwise, I would point them to 650b tires which a lot of 700d equipped GT owners have luck running (or there is the option to re-build the wheelset with 650b hoops).

The original saddle is cracked.

Thanks!

(I will try to post pictures in my profile since I am unable to post them here) *edit I did add an album with 3 photos

Last edited by chrisboyne; 05-28-21 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-28-21, 07:05 PM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 318 Posts
OPs Gallery = https://www.bikeforums.net/g/user/334887

Don't re lace the wheels, let the new owner decide if they want that. You really should include some rideable tires, you will get more for the bike, even taking the tires off your Tachyon and putting those on. We can't really see the cracked saddle. If it is a little crack, it maybe fine as a lot of people replace saddles for their desired one.

No idea of the market in Canada for road bikes, so I'll let others offer a price.