Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Free Garmin gps for a sob story.

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-24, 11:12 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts

have a Garmin explore that I no longer use. When I upgraded to the 1030+ I was having it record my wife's ride on the back of the tandem. but since she is blind I had to do it all. and gamins can be finicky syncing. Plus even though I turned off the screen a bug would make it pop up a reminder to turn off the screen to save the battery and rain it faster. plus she would forget to strap on her heart rate monitor. so she just started using her watch.
the battery is ok not sure how long it goes. it will need it be updated once you hook it to your phone. I did not want to hook it to my account to update it. just pay a flat rate postal label to ship it.

Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 03-21-24, 11:57 AM
riverdrifter

Bikes: 1985 Cannondale SR500, 1990 Cannondale ST600, 1993 Cannondale M700

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 278 Times in 108 Posts
Hi! I would love to have that if it’s still available.
Old 03-21-24, 08:43 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 723 Posts
This kid's coaches want her using a smart computer so she can upload the results into her training peaks account.

Problem is that I already had to build her that bike she's on this year, doesn't have the matching wheels yet since I ran short when it came time to order the rims. She still needs a replacement MTB but at least is riding her mother's, and she had to swipe my old track bike that I now have to replace so we can go race (at least the track bike was too small for me). She really needs to stop growing, but her jump in height saw her too big for all three bikes. Currently training for road and track nationals, but still has to get faster than me and I'm not making that easy on her.
Likes For Russ Roth:
Old 03-21-24, 08:51 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by riverdrifter
Hi! I would love to have that if it’s still available.
need a sob story.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 03-21-24, 09:09 PM
riverdrifter

Bikes: 1985 Cannondale SR500, 1990 Cannondale ST600, 1993 Cannondale M700

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 278 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
need a sob story.
Ah, okay I totally misunderstood that!

It would go to my 13 year old son, who I do a lot of overnights on the bikes with. He’s growing so fast that I can barely afford to keep him in shoes! 🤣
Last summer he was wearing size 6, this spring he’s wearing size 9.5. Don’t even get me started on food. It’s crazy! 🤣🤣
Old 03-23-24, 06:00 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
This kid's coaches want her using a smart computer so she can upload the results into her training peaks account.

Problem is that I already had to build her that bike she's on this year, doesn't have the matching wheels yet since I ran short when it came time to order the rims. She still needs a replacement MTB but at least is riding her mother's, and she had to swipe my old track bike that I now have to replace so we can go race (at least the track bike was too small for me). She really needs to stop growing, but her jump in height saw her too big for all three bikes. Currently training for road and track nationals, but still has to get faster than me and I'm not making that easy on her.
I have an older Wahoo Elemnt that still works, if she wants it. PM your address and I will get it out to you. The only issue it that the dust cover for the charging ports broke off, outside of that it works perfectly. Has charging cable and the bar mount. I also have a Wahoo Tickr HR monitor I can send you as well. Probably needs a new battery, but works perfect.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 04-11-24, 07:27 AM
rdf37

Bikes: GT Grade Carbon Elite, Draft Single Speed, Torker Fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 20 Posts
My socks are in the middle of room and I left my ice cream bowl out last night! The wife is disappointed in my dirty bike shorts laying on the floor and the mud that fell off wheels onto her kitchen floor when I pushed my bike to back room after ride.....OH!!!! wait a minute, you said SOB story not SLOB story...My bad!!!
rdf37
Likes For rdf37:
Old 04-11-24, 08:22 AM
fooferdoggie 

I have this guy not sure how good the battery is but it would run on a battery.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 04-11-24, 08:24 AM
sloar 

Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked 1,128 Times in 427 Posts
I’m a retired firefighter and now I can’t afford one. Just retired a few weeks ago and my wife just told me we are now on a strict budget.
Old 04-18-24, 04:40 PM
NVFlinch 

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 40 Posts
We're so poor that I was born in a log cabin that I built with my own hands, and I had to earn money by babysitting my great grandmother's second uncle of her first neice, you know the ones who used to live 'bout half a walk from where the big stump used to be? We weren't able to afford welfare, and no matter how we licked the food stamps, they didn't taste all that good. We couldn't afford more than one first name, so we all shared it. The dog ate better than us, and all he did was lick his butt.

Howz that?
Old 04-18-24, 05:09 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by NVFlinch
We're so poor that I was born in a log cabin that I built with my own hands, and I had to earn money by babysitting my great grandmother's second uncle of her first neice, you know the ones who used to live 'bout half a walk from where the big stump used to be? We weren't able to afford welfare, and no matter how we licked the food stamps, they didn't taste all that good. We couldn't afford more than one first name, so we all shared it. The dog ate better than us, and all he did was lick his butt.

Howz that?
pretty good want this guy?
Old 04-18-24, 05:14 PM
NVFlinch 

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 40 Posts
Nah, let it go to someone who actually needs it. We don't get GPS signals way out where we are anyway ....Thanks though!
Old 04-24-24, 02:20 PM
5Aki1

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm a student that doesn't make enough money to buy one, so instead I buy vintage steel bikes and turn them into winter beaters using free parts I find on facebook market or parts I find off the side of the road :'(
Old 04-24-24, 02:25 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by 5Aki1
I'm a student that doesn't make enough money to buy one, so instead I buy vintage steel bikes and turn them into winter beaters using free parts I find on facebook market or parts I find off the side of the road :'(
I have the small garmin you can have for postage.
Old 04-24-24, 02:40 PM
5Aki1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That would honestly be amazing, thank you so much! Do I PM you the address?
Old 04-24-24, 08:30 PM
fooferdoggie 

That would honestly be amazing, thank you so much! Do I PM you the address?
meesage me. I will have you buy a shipping label and email to me.
Old 04-25-24, 12:59 PM
5Aki1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Okay! Thanks again. I'm unable to do it right away because I have under 10 posts, so I'm going to get past that and PM you
Old 04-25-24, 01:18 PM
fooferdoggie 

Okay! Thanks again. I'm unable to do it right away because I have under 10 posts, so I'm going to get past that and PM you
post some messages here till you make it I wont complain.
Old 04-25-24, 01:36 PM
5Aki1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Okay thanks! There's a time limit between my posts, so I'll keep posting when I'm allowed. I'll monologue.

I recently got a Bianchi Campione D'Italia 86-87 for an absolute steal in celeste. The issue is that there is just enough rust that I think it needs to be sanded and painted over. Luckily, they have a colour that is supposed to be incredibly similar to celeste, but it feels sacrilegious that I even have to do this. I also brought it to a welder because the brake guide braze ons are busted, so hes going to repair that for me, which will remove the paint around there either way. RIP original celeste
Old 04-25-24, 05:30 PM
5Aki1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Its also expensive enough that I'm going to end up selling a promo collectors bike I bought a while ago that I planned on hanging up in my apartment when I found the space to do so
Old 04-25-24, 05:31 PM
5Aki1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I built a winter beater with both a frame I found in the garbage and the parts off a bike that was run over by a snow plow
Old 04-26-24, 08:20 PM
5Aki1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Okay, this should be enough! Thanks again, I'll PM you now