Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Shopping for a possible new bike

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-15, 09:41 AM
zoom26

Bikes: Dahon Speed P16 (Upgraded P8)/ 2014 Dahon Vybe c7a / 2015 Trek 7.2fx / 26" Schwinn Ranger

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys,
As two LBS guys told me it is not worth it to spend more money on my dahon vybe c7a as i wanted to change probably the crankset to a 50/34t. I might get a new bike because I want to go on bike rides in NY, starting on the 12 to 30mi then later to the 50mi. Probably willing to spend 500$ or around that area, really liking the trek 7.2fx though I am open to suggestions maybe up to 1grand budget. My bike store of choice so far is Danny's cycles in Scarsdale,NY or United Spokes in the Bronx. Thank you guys!
Old 09-24-15, 09:53 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2531 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 535 Posts
You would not have been able to put a compact double crankset on a Dahon Vybe even if money was no object. That out of the way... how you get from 20" folding bike to 700C sport touring or ersatz commuter in one jump has me scratching my head. You should be scratching yours as well and maybe also willing to cast your net wider than just two bike retailers in the northern New York State region. But I don't know that for sure. They might be fine sources of bikes and fitting and information. Make sure that they are. Good luck. $1k should do fine. In fact, my go to choice for someone like you is a Specialized Sirrus and they retail for a lot less than $1K.
Old 09-24-15, 10:05 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,359 Times in 865 Posts
Its a folding Bike DAHON Bikes:*Vybe C7A
Thor an Olney Ill Da Hon Dealer [ ThorUSA ] posts regularly in the folding Bike section , so You can message them from this site.
or via thorsten@thorusa.com

There were some add on Front derailleur clamps Made to fit Braze on type FD on , specific to DaHon .

There is also The Dual drive Hybrid Internal + Cassette hubs and getting a wheel Built around the S-A 8 speed IGH.

So Now you want a regular non Folding bike? ?

I have no clue as to what brands a shop on the other side of the country has Unless You say so.

Why not just go into the Shops mentioned and talk to them?

Last edited by fietsbob; 09-24-15 at 10:13 AM.