Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Best place to sell stuff??

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 03:56 PM
Owlex

Bikes: Not As Many As I'd Like

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you guys had experience selling never used parts on eBay.

Craigslist in my area is dead space as far as bikes go, much less ss/fg parts.

Any special caveats besides the usual things to be careful of on FleaBay?
Old 06-06-16, 07:05 PM
thewilson 

Bikes: CAAD10/Wabi

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Ebay is fine, never had anything but good experiences. I also use a couple of Facebook swap meet groups that I've also had great luck with.
Old 06-06-16, 07:53 PM
hockeyteeth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Meh, eBay is okay. I've sold around 1,000 items for various shops in town. But beware that if you sell an item worth $250 or more you need a signature in addition to delivery confirmation. I got burned on some high end Shimano shoes that the buyer claimed they didn't receive even though delivery was confirmed through tracking. There are a lot of ****ty buyers who might try to screw you over so make sure you have good photos to prove items are as described. Also eBay and PayPal fees currently add up to like 12% commission and most bike stuff sells around or below wholesale, so it's really only good for getting rid of most stuff and recouping a little. Ugh, actually I hate online sales. I don't know how @Scrodzilla puts up with it. He must get 500 stupid emails a day!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv...qaq-p/16772197

Oh, and make sure you don't accept returns. eBay will prompt you that buyers are more likely to purchase with a return option available but it will come back scratched and/or dirty or the next buyer will complain about the packaging being torn. And international shipping is crazy easy if the item is under 2 lbs and you print the label from the computer instead of going to the post office to pay for shipping, plus you get a small discount on shipping rates by printing them off the computer.

Last edited by hockeyteeth; 06-06-16 at 07:59 PM.