Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Paramount P11 Tourist?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Paramount P11 Tourist?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-16, 10:34 AM
guzziee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Paramount P11 Tourist?

Picked up this rough Paramount a couple weeks ago from the local CL, was trying to research a year and model for it and the closest I found similar to it was the yellow P11 tourist below, unfortunately the violet one is missing its original parts and was dressed up with what looks to be parts from an old mountain bike. Only parts that might be original to it are headset and hubs. The pics make it look worse than it actually is, it's a pretty solid frame/fork despite the rust on it . I'll probably leave it as is and build a single speed out of it. Serial on it is T49, so it gives me a year of 1964 for it, non chrome lugs and also has the same pin stripping as the yellow tourist(well what's left of it ). What do you think? tourist?

Old 09-30-16, 10:59 AM
Metacortex

Bikes: Fillet-brazed Schwinns

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
I believe the P12 and P11 had the same frame and fork, pinstripes were standard on all models that year. In that case without the original components there is no way to know whether it was originally a drop bar (P12) or tourist (P11) model. Since the tourist model was rare there is a greater chance it was a P12.

Old 09-30-16, 12:48 PM
guzziee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Metacortex
I believe the P12 and P11 had the same frame and fork, pinstripes were standard on all models that year. In that case without the original components there is no way to know whether it was originally a drop bar (P12) or tourist (P11) model. Since the tourist model was rare there is a greater chance it was a P12.
So it could be restored to be either one with the right parts I guess. Cool, thanks!