Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Raleigh Bikes Corporate Discount on all Bicycles

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 11:16 AM
Joeyseven

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Pre-BF sale
up to 50% off & Free shipping .Some good deals or should I have posted in the Hot deals thread?

Raleigh updated their website since the sale started.Really A whole make over.I think this is the new link.
Just sign up using code.
CODE: CYCLE4TAW

https://www.raleighusa.com/

Last edited by Joeyseven; 04-18-17 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-16-16, 03:18 PM
edawg55

Bikes: Raleigh Merit 3

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess so far we're the only ones that pulled the trigger on this deal. I bought the Merit 3 that was on clearance for $689. Hopefully I made the right choice on my first real bike.
Old 11-16-16, 04:45 PM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
This is an excellent deal. Raleigh makes a lot of very interesting models right now. Too bad I don't need a bike, $1,500 for the Stuntman is a screaming deal on a very cool bike. As is $1,259 on the RXM.
Old 11-17-16, 11:40 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Just now have signed up and am looking. Thanks for posting the link. My birthday was this week, so maybe, maybe, just maybe the N+1 rule can be applied :-)
Old 11-17-16, 05:48 PM
Joeyseven

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Some very good prices,so I bought two bicycles.Might have to unretire.
And both my bikes shipped.

Raleigh Merit 3 2017
Tamland 2 2016 -No longer available in this year.
Old 11-18-16, 09:26 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah my Merit 3 2016 should be delivered any minute now. What a great day to get a bike. It's going to be 70. Tomorrow it might snow. lol Only in Ohio the weather changes 30 degrees in one day. Hopefully I get some time to ride it.
Old 11-18-16, 12:06 PM
mc9000

Bikes: Marin Muirwoods 29er (2010), Charge Plug (2015)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone order a bike for a work commute? I have one bike (Marin Muirwoods) I use almost exclusively for a daily 20 mile round-trip on roads and MUPs. I'm no speedster, but was thinking it might be good to get a second bike that was a little lighter but could still take a rack for my commute.

Last edited by mc9000; 11-18-16 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-19-16, 06:26 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't get a chance to build the bike. Sucks because I see the box but can't ride it because now it's cold. On the bright side it came in two days.
Old 11-19-16, 07:00 AM
JonathanGennick 

Originally Posted by edawg55
I didn't get a chance to build the bike. Sucks because I see the box but can't ride it because now it's cold. On the bright side it came in two days.
Cold? There is snow outside my window this morning, and the wind is howling.

Maybe build it inside? And ride it around the block at least. Because....new bike!
Old 11-19-16, 07:40 AM
jwalther

Bikes: Litespeed T3, Felt Breed 30, Co-Motion Supremo Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts
You need a corporate code to create an account?
Old 11-19-16, 07:40 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
Cold? There is snow outside my window this morning, and the wind is howling.

Maybe build it inside? And ride it around the block at least. Because....new bike!
Yeah today will be similar weather you have. Gusts up to 35mph. I was outside bagging my leaves in the dark last night. lol I'll be have a few beers watching College Football today. Looks like Tues will be sunny and around 50 so will hopefully have my first ride then.
Old 11-19-16, 07:54 AM
JonathanGennick 

Yeah today will be similar weather you have. Gusts up to 35mph. I was outside bagging my leaves in the dark last night. lol I'll be have a few beers watching College Football today. Looks like Tues will be sunny and around 50 so will hopefully have my first ride then.
When my commuter bike arrived in March, it landed on my front steps in the snow. We built it anyway, and you can see snow in the first and very last photos in the blog post that I wrote at the time: Unboxing the Priority Bicycles Eight ? Jonathan Gennick Living in the 906

I hear ya about beer and football though

p.s. Hey, I just now looked up the Merit 3. Did you get the 2017 model? I love that it's a thru-axle fork with disk brakes. Am a big fan of seeing thru-axle come to road bikes. Looks like a fantastic bike, actually.
Old 11-19-16, 07:56 AM
JonathanGennick 

Originally Posted by jwalther
You need a corporate code to create an account?
You can create an account w/o one. The code gives your account access to the discounted pricing.
Old 11-19-16, 08:39 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When my commuter bike arrived in March, it landed on my front steps in the snow. We built it anyway, and you can see snow in the first and very last photos in the blog post that I wrote at the time: Unboxing the Priority Bicycles Eight ? Jonathan Gennick Living in the 906

I hear ya about beer and football though

p.s. Hey, I just now looked up the Merit 3. Did you get the 2017 model? I love that it's a thru-axle fork with disk brakes. Am a big fan of seeing thru-axle come to road bikes. Looks like a fantastic bike, actually.
Nice blog. I went with the 2016 on clearance since it was I think around 50-100 cheaper and only thing different were the tires. Bad thing is on clearance bikes you can't return them. So I'm a little worried about the size I got. I'm 5"11 so I'm in between 56-58. I'm a big guy and a few bike shops sized me up and said 58.

Not sure what's going on with the Raleigh website. I tried to log in and said invalid password. I'm pretty sure it was the right one. I tried on my phone and I had it saved to access without putting it in. I changed my password and it accepted it but I still can't log in on my computer. Oh and I never got the forgot password to reset email.

Someone said the corporate code wasn't working anymore but not sure if true.
Old 11-19-16, 09:32 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 942 Times in 504 Posts
I made an account earlier this morning using the RALEIGH4U corporate code listed in the OP. Worked for me. Came back later and logged in again no problem.

Many great deals there. $500 for a Clubman disc that originally was 1100... wow.
Old 11-19-16, 10:30 AM
JonathanGennick 

So I'm a little worried about the size I got. I'm 5"11 so I'm in between 56-58. I'm a big guy and a few bike shops sized me up and said 58.
I think you made a good call. I like to size up when I'm in the cusp between sizes. Rock a shorter stem if you need it.
Old 11-20-16, 11:18 AM
NatSherman

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i wonder if the merit 52 cm is right for me. I'm riding 49cm bike with a top tube more parallel with the ground. When i stand it's hitting me firming in the crotch. Since the merit top tube is angled, i wonder if it would fit me.
Old 11-20-16, 04:23 PM
detroitavant

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice blog. I went with the 2016 on clearance since it was I think around 50-100 cheaper and only thing different were the tires. Bad thing is on clearance bikes you can't return them. So I'm a little worried about the size I got. I'm 5"11 so I'm in between 56-58. I'm a big guy and a few bike shops sized me up and said 58.

Not sure what's going on with the Raleigh website. I tried to log in and said invalid password. I'm pretty sure it was the right one. I tried on my phone and I had it saved to access without putting it in. I changed my password and it accepted it but I still can't log in on my computer. Oh and I never got the forgot password to reset email.

Someone said the corporate code wasn't working anymore but not sure if true.
Just ordered myself a 2016 Merit 3 tonight as well, it will be my first 'real' bike. Wasn't much more than the hybrids I've been looking at especially since I didn't get charged tax. Spent a ton of time last night trying to figure out my size, I'm just shy of 6' with short legs. I tried a Diamondback Century in the sizes I was interested in since it looked like they were pretty close in geometry and ended up with a 56 instead of a 54. I could just barely stand flat footed over the 56 century.
Old 11-20-16, 05:30 PM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 112 Posts
wow, great deals. wish I could pull the trigger on one or three...
Old 11-21-16, 06:29 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by detroitavant
Just ordered myself a 2016 Merit 3 tonight as well, it will be my first 'real' bike. Wasn't much more than the hybrids I've been looking at especially since I didn't get charged tax. Spent a ton of time last night trying to figure out my size, I'm just shy of 6' with short legs. I tried a Diamondback Century in the sizes I was interested in since it looked like they were pretty close in geometry and ended up with a 56 instead of a 54. I could just barely stand flat footed over the 56 century.
Good choice. My bike is still box in our family room and it's driving me crazy every time I see it. It's a great time to get a deal on a bike but sucks because of the weather. Low 40's- low 50"s with rain on and off all week. sigh I might have bikesource put my bike together. I hate spending the money and from what people on here say it's easy to do but knowing I'll mess something up. I would like to watch and learn. I don't want a tire coming off going 30mph. I have a big hill near my house and I can't believe I went that fast on my Walmart GMC Denali bike. One time two people walking a dog decided to cut across the street at the bottom of the hill. I had to yell at them so they moved out of the way quick. Another time a lady started to back out of her driveway and l was oh **** this isn't going to be good. Luckily she stopped.

Last edited by edawg55; 11-21-16 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-21-16, 07:26 AM
JonathanGennick 

...sigh I might have bikesource put my bike together. I hate spending the money and from what people on here say it's easy to do but knowing I'll mess something up. I would like to watch and learn. I don't want a tire coming off going 30mph.
Nothing wrong with paying for a little peace of mind. In theory you just remove the packaging and slap a few parts together, right? But in practice there are little things that one should pay attention to: bolts are loose that shouldn't be, brakes can rub, shifting might be out of adjustment, and spoke tension might be uneven -- I've encountered all these little issues.

Here's a video I found on Youtube that might inspire you:

The main thing is to be thoughtful and take care to work slowly and double-check everything including what the factory has put together beforehand. Notice how the guy in the video checks the rear skewer and both brakes after the build, just to be sure things are copacetic.
Old 11-21-16, 08:06 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with paying for a little peace of mind. In theory you just remove the packaging and slap a few parts together, right? But in practice there are little things that one should pay attention to: bolts are loose that shouldn't be, brakes can rub, shifting might be out of adjustment, and spoke tension might be uneven -- I've encountered all these little issues.

Here's a video I found on Youtube that might inspire you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3UIIz8cVms

The main thing is to be thoughtful and take care to work slowly and double-check everything including what the factory has put together beforehand. Notice how the guy in the video checks the rear skewer and both brakes after the build, just to be sure things are copacetic.
I keep wanting to put it together. So the tools come with it? Do I need a adapter for my pump? Will have to get a spoke tool. thanks for the video.
Old 11-21-16, 08:13 AM
JonathanGennick 

I keep wanting to put it together. So the tools come with it? Do I need a adapter for my pump? thanks for the video.
I don't know whether Raleigh puts any tools in the box. Brands that are built around selling consumer-direct typically will include the needed tools. Brands that normally ship to bike shops I'm guessing don't include tools.

Has anyone else on this thread put theirs together yet? Were there tools in the box?

On the adapter question. Did you buy a road bike? Then likely it takes a presta-valve tube.

Do you have any local friends who are good at bike mechanics? Maybe who've built their own bikes?
Old 11-21-16, 08:29 AM
edawg55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know whether Raleigh puts any tools in the box. Brands that are built around selling consumer-direct typically will include the needed tools. Brands that normally ship to bike shops I'm guessing don't include tools.

Has anyone else on this thread put theirs together yet? Were there tools in the box?

On the adapter question. Did you buy a road bike? Then likely it takes a presta-valve tube.

Do you have any local friends who are good at bike mechanics? Maybe who've built their own bikes?
I bought the Merit 3. I met a bike mechanic recently and he said he would put it together for $60 which is about the same place as a shop. He buys bikes and fixes them up then sells them cheap to kids. He seemed like a nice guy and had few nice reviews at the shop he works at.
Old 11-21-16, 08:43 AM
JonathanGennick 

I bought the Merit 3. I met a bike mechanic recently and he said he would put it together for $60 which is about the same place as a shop. He buys bikes and fixes them up then sells them cheap to kids. He seemed like a nice guy and had few nice reviews at the shop he works at.
There ya go! Will he let you help? Or better, will he hand you the wrench and walk you through the assembly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.