Notices
Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Nevada

Las Vegas Group Rides

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 04:22 PM
Gramin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Las Vegas Group Rides

Any suggestions for Sunday group rides that depart somewhat close to the Vegas Strip? Will be in Las Vegas next month and would love to join a group ride. Not sure if I'll have a car, hence why I'm looking for something relatively close to the strip. Really don't want to bike 20 miles to the meet up location, to bike 40 miles, and then 20 miles back to the hotel.
Old 01-06-17, 06:27 AM
Mri G.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No idea about Sunday, but my partner and I are planning on starting our Rockies cycling expedition from Las Vegas at the end of March if you're still around. We'll be leaving from the city centre and heading to Mead the first day if you're interested in joining us?
Old 01-10-17, 03:06 PM
SpeedofLite 

Bikes: Litespeed (9); Slingshot (9); Specialized (3); Kestrel (2); Cervelo (1); FELT (1); Trek (2)

Liked 3,650 Times in 1,039 Posts
Originally Posted by Gramin
Any suggestions for Sunday group rides that depart somewhat close to the Vegas Strip? Will be in Las Vegas next month and would love to join a group ride. Not sure if I'll have a car, hence why I'm looking for something relatively close to the strip. Really don't want to bike 20 miles to the meet up location, to bike 40 miles, and then 20 miles back to the hotel.
I rode with Las Vegas Valley Bicycle Club earlier this year during a visit to Las Vegas. Nice folks. They seem to have an active ride schedule (Las Vegas Valley Bicycle Club), but you might have to be flexible concerning your start point comfort.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-17, 06:35 PM
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
There are several good groups not far from the strip. Las Vegas Valley Bicycle Club is a solid choice. Green Valley Cyclists and Biking Henderson are good as well. I am a member of all these clubs. Get me the details of what weekend, what level of ride you want and where you are staying. We can get a crew together. We are a sociable bunch.

The new T-Mobile Arena has a nice "Park" area with Starbuck type places for coffee and meeting. It takes a couple of careful miles to get clear of the strip. Once you do an aggressive ride is out to Red Rock Canyon Park. A less aggressive ride is through Wetlands Park to Lake Las Vegas.

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/parks/P...-homepage.aspx

https://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo..._rock_nca.html

The RTC (Vegas Metro Buses) have built nice bike lanes for commuting round the valley. Once you get off the Strip the lanes are decent.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Old 01-26-17, 06:39 PM
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Bike Route & Trails Map | RTC

This link takes you to the bike lane guide for the city.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.