Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Any one have experience on conti gp4000 and Vittoria pro g speed graphene

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-17, 07:05 AM
Billy1111

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad, Parlee ESX, Factor o2,Colnago CX Zero Disc,

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

My friend swears by the vittorias just wondering if anyone on here has any feedback on how they roll and hold up.im a long time conti user and happy with them but open to change!
Old 05-22-17, 08:37 AM
bikebreak

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
google rolling resistance test...
Vittoria Corsa Speed (open TLR) Rolling Resistance Review
the Vittoria speed graphene is the fastest tire tested. It is also very thin and will not last for as many miles. When you run tubeless sealant that will prevent many flats so in practice it may be about as flat resistance as the conti

I have a tubular version not glued yet, it feels like a 29er tube in the hand. very thin and flexible. should be great.
Old 05-22-17, 09:30 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Liked 738 Times in 469 Posts
I'm running 25mm Vittoria Rubino Speed G+ tires paired with Continental Race Light tubes on my road bike. They are very supple and roll fast, never harsh or twitchy. Acceleration is great with Dura Ace C24 wheels which weigh only 1360 grams/pair.

Only about 500 miles on them and I'm watching them like a hawk, inspect them after every ride. So far I have not seen any cuts or signs of excessive wear. I am very careful where I ride and the country roads in North Georgia are generally clean and silky smooth. Hopefully they will just wear out rather than fail.

In terms of ride they are definitely as step up from the Vittoria Rubino Pro III Slick (non graphene) tires which I used to use exclusively. I'd be more concerned about durability if I still lived in a place with poor roads.

-Tim-
Old 08-07-17, 12:47 PM
Relik

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i've been a Vittoria fan but my experience with their graphene tyres isn't very good.. i just flatted a Corsa Speed clincher (rear) and the reason quite simply is it is wore out.. threads showing most of the way around the centre.. i have 1308 kms on it.. pressure usually about 125 psi..

and i have gone through 2 Corsa G+ tubulars as well.. in each case, they got about a 7mm split in the sidewall.. one front, one back and i'm pretty sure i din't run up against a curb or anything.. i haven't added up the distance but i would say about 400 kms on those.. (time trial bike) 145 psi in those.. i'm afraid to use them anymore