Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Advice on Campagnolo experienced mechanic in FL

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-19, 01:05 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Is there anyone in this forum from FL that knows of a very experienced and good mechanic that is knowledgeable when it comes to working on Campagnolo equipment? Please recommend them regardless of location. May PM me if prefer.

While I do work on my own bikes and have installed and mantained/tune all of my Campy parts, I am not as patient when it comes to properly tuning and setting a rear deraileur. I get it to 90-95% of perfect as I find it tedious. I wouldn't mind handing this task to someone that seriously know how make it 100%. Front has never being an issue for me, but the rear is. Would love to find that guy/gal where I could drop off 3 bikes and let them make music wit it.

Anyone?
Old 04-28-19, 03:11 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Liked 1,611 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by dgasmd
Is there anyone in this forum from FL that knows of a very experienced and good mechanic that is knowledgeable when it comes to working on Campagnolo equipment? Please recommend them regardless of location. May PM me if prefer.

While I do work on my own bikes and have installed and mantained/tune all of my Campy parts, I am not as patient when it comes to properly tuning and setting a rear deraileur. I get it to 90-95% of perfect as I find it tedious. I wouldn't mind handing this task to someone that seriously know how make it 100%. Front has never being an issue for me, but the rear is. Would love to find that guy/gal where I could drop off 3 bikes and let them make music wit it.

Anyone?
No specific recommendation, just in case though, thought I'd point out that Campy has a ProShop locator on their website. eg. not sure where you really are, but these show up as within 100km of Miami. Maybe a good place to start?
https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Sho..._nearest_store

Old 04-28-19, 03:45 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes, I know and have looked at it. As outdated as it gets and no reflection on current skills. Most of those shops mentioned are simply sellers and not necessarily providers of mechanical skills.

I want word of mouth based on real experience!! Location is irrelevant!!!
Old 04-29-19, 09:37 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cervelo Rouvida x 2

Liked 568 Times in 453 Posts
Less than perfect rear shifting may have nothing to do with adjustment skills. Bikes with internally routed cables can have more cable friction that makes it impossible to get all perfect shifts from the larger sprockets to smaller ones. If the shifts from smaller sprockets to larger sprockets Uusing the finger lever) seems perfect, but the shifts to smaller cogs are not, then cable friction can be the culprit. Setting the cable tension as low as possible while still having good shifts to larger sprockets is about all you you can do. Cable routing can also be an issue. Campy levers have two options for routing the cable out of the shifter. One may work better than the other, but it's a lot of work to do back and forth to see which works better.
Old 04-29-19, 12:00 PM
kansukee

Liked 51 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by dgasmd

Anyone?
The best I know is Mauricio, shop owner/operator at Andante Bikes from Cutler Bay. He does things I didn't think were possible.
Old 04-29-19, 07:46 PM
envigado

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Jeff at champion cycling in Jacksonville....he did build 3 bikes with campy super record groups for me over the years
and EPS electronic group for a friend of mine ...I never had to go back back to him for adjustments unless I screw things up.

this is the Arlington store.
Likes For envigado: