Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

1985 Miyata 310 49 CM $150 very nice shape

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-21, 02:11 PM
desconhecido 

Liked 144 Times in 107 Posts

This little fellow has been sold.
Small bike. Measures 49cm ctt but some may call it 48cm.

I've been trying to sell this bike on the Houston craigslist for $200 and have generated exactly no interest so I need to widen my market.

I'm hoping to get $150 for the bike which is pretty much what I have into it. Local pickup(Houston) would be nice, but I will ship if necessary. I've recently learned a lesson about increased shipping rates so shipping will be extra by whatever proves cheapest either shipbikes or bikeflight.

Bike is original except for the bar tape, brake hoods, tires, saddle, etc. Mechs are Golden Arrow, the rest is typical of what Miyata used in the 80s. Saddle is a perfectly useable selle touring saddle but it does have a tear in the suede. I can photo that, if necessary.

Bike is in nice shape with new brake pads, tires, brake hoods, bar tape brake and shifting cables, new red housing. All the bearings have been serviced and everything works as it should. Tubes weren't replaced as I don't have any Shrader valve tubes, but the tubes in the tires have held 80# for a couple days.

Mostly, the aluminum shined up pretty nicely but there is a bit of tarnish on some bits. There's a photo of the front derailleur which shows a bit of pitting, but it's not gross. There is a bit of rust that has reappeared since I worked on it, but not much, and there is nothing gross.

Let me know if there are questions.

Last edited by desconhecido; 02-13-21 at 06:56 PM. Reason: sold
Old 02-02-21, 02:33 PM
polymorphself 

Liked 1,096 Times in 530 Posts
I've got one of these in blue and it's a fantastic bike. It's one that I always get close to selling but can't do it because it just rides so nicely. All Miyatas punch above their weight and the 1985 310 is no exception. Miyata's triple butted tubing and the golden arrow set are very nice.
Old 02-02-21, 07:19 PM
Hobbiano 

Liked 347 Times in 231 Posts
That's in great shape. A good deal for someone. Such nice paint.
Old 02-03-21, 03:05 PM
desconhecido 

I like the bike and it is in pretty fine shape but it's too small for me and, probably, too small for most everybody who would be interested in a Miyata 310 of that vintage. I bought it a couple years ago because it was neglected but not abused and I thought that somebody in the family would be interested. Of course, it turns out that all the shorter/younger people in the family want somethng modern and more upright than a traditional road bike. I know that I would have loved to have this bike back when I was a skinny 5'3" 16 yo.
Old 02-03-21, 06:28 PM
Hobbiano 

Liked 347 Times in 231 Posts
It would probably fit someone up to 5'5" or so. I usually ride a 54cm but I have a Trek that's a 49 that I can make fit because the top tube is close to what a 54 would have. Hopefully, somebody will come along and snap it up your Miyata.
Old 02-03-21, 07:03 PM
bikeaddiction1

Bikes: Many

Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
To me your price seams too low. Maybe someone who does not understand what it is thinks it is a cheep bike and moves on. I would move it up to $250 and be patient unless you are in a hurry to get rid of it.

Last edited by bikeaddiction1; 02-03-21 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-03-21, 10:02 PM
desconhecido 

I think $150 on the forum is very much a better than fair price and I think there are many here who recognize that it's a pretty nice mid-level bike from 1985. The problem I see is that it's on the small side which limits its market and those aero levers present a problem for any decent upgrade to 7 speed indexed or to mounting a stop for bar end shifters. That is, modernizing that particular shift configuration is a pita.Somebody a couple years ago was trying to crowd source an order for a bunch of nicely machined gizmos that would mount on the frame shifter mount and offer cable housing stops for bar mounted shifters or bar ends. But, I don't know that there is a readily available fitting for that.

Probably I'm going to wait a couple weeks and if I don't sell I'll put it on the big auction site and try to get $250 which, after costs, will probably net me what I'm asking here. We'll see. Might end up parting it out, but I really don't want to because I don't like the macro economics of parting out bicycles. Not that I have anything against those doing it, it's just not a game I want to play at.
Likes For desconhecido: