Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Brake adjustment on Sirrus x5

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-21, 03:32 PM
waxcrazy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Finally got out for a decent ride today 👍..Love the bike..feel like a kid again at 65..lol.....One thing I noticed is when I apply both brakes , the rear brake is closer to bar than the front when fully applied... Where would the adjustment be on this?... Disc brakes are a new animal to me... I saw some small Allen heads in the handle that look like it might be but just wanted to make sure... Thanks! 👍
Old 05-03-21, 06:09 PM
Outrider1

Bikes: Trek Emonda ALR 5

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 142 Posts
You tube search for Park Bike disc brake adjustment. Very good step by step tutorials.
Old 05-05-21, 06:11 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 572 Posts
Originally Posted by waxcrazy
Finally got out for a decent ride today 👍..Love the bike..feel like a kid again at 65..lol.....One thing I noticed is when I apply both brakes , the rear brake is closer to bar than the front when fully applied... Where would the adjustment be on this?... Disc brakes are a new animal to me... I saw some small Allen heads in the handle that look like it might be but just wanted to make sure... Thanks! 👍
Yes, there should be a small hex screw at the brake lever. It should be near the fulcrum of the lever and will be at the end of the hydraulic piston...it'll set the position of the lever relative to the piston. If the left and right are at the same distance from the bar at rest, then they should be the same distance from the bar when fully activated. If not, then there may be additional issues, such as air in the system. If a quick lever adjustment doesn't solve the problem, then you may want to carry it back to the bike shop and ask them to check it out.
Old 05-05-21, 08:02 AM
waxcrazy

Thank you!
Old 05-14-21, 02:13 PM
waxcrazy

Originally Posted by hokiefyd
Yes, there should be a small hex screw at the brake lever. It should be near the fulcrum of the lever and will be at the end of the hydraulic piston...it'll set the position of the lever relative to the piston. If the left and right are at the same distance from the bar at rest, then they should be the same distance from the bar when fully activated. If not, then there may be additional issues, such as air in the system. If a quick lever adjustment doesn't solve the problem, then you may want to carry it back to the bike shop and ask them to check it out.
Did the trick!!! Thanks
Likes For waxcrazy: