Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Peugeot St. Laurent MTB, what year is it?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-22, 05:24 PM
Larry650

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts

Hello, sorry no pictures just yet, but I found a smallish frame Peugeot mountain bike and hope someone can help place the year of manufacture.

It is a St Laurent model, lugged frame with a sticker that says Ishiwata "EX" 4130 triple -butted Chrome Moly tubing. The bike has Maillard hubs, stamped "Made In France", with 26 inch Weinnman rims, stamped "Made In Belgium".

The serial number in stamped on the side on the seat tube and is, 8G25362

A sticker on a lower chainstay says "Made In Canada".

It is white in color with the typical Peugeot gold and orange and yellow slashes.

The bike is super dirty so it is in teardown mode to get cleaned before any glamour shots.

I can't find any info on that serial number, but a lot of people here may know something.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Larry
Likes For Larry650:
Old 02-11-22, 07:16 PM
T-Mar

Liked 3,052 Times in 1,885 Posts
Based on the serial number, in conjunction with the description of the graphics, my leading candidate would be 1988.
Old 02-11-22, 08:56 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Liked 6,581 Times in 3,777 Posts
Originally Posted by Larry650
Hello, sorry no pictures just yet, but I found a smallish frame Peugeot mountain bike and hope someone can help place the year of manufacture.

It is a St Laurent model, lugged frame with a sticker that says Ishiwata "EX" 4130 triple -butted Chrome Moly tubing. The bike has Maillard hubs, stamped "Made In France", with 26 inch Weinnman rims, stamped "Made In Belgium".

The serial number in stamped on the side on the seat tube and is, 8G25362

A sticker on a lower chainstay says "Made In Canada".

It is white in color with the typical Peugeot gold and orange and yellow slashes.

The bike is super dirty so it is in teardown mode to get cleaned before any glamour shots.

I can't find any info on that serial number, but a lot of people here may know something.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Larry
So "before" pics are just as if not more important than after glamour shots, we need to know how good or bad it was so we can ooh and ahh accordingly.

The adage never changes, "pics or it didn't happen", before, during and after.
Old 02-12-22, 09:32 AM
Larry650

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
T-Mar,
Wow, thank you! Using that info I found a 1988 brochure and there was my bike. So you hit the nail on the head, so to speak.
Before now I didn't even know any bicycles were built in Canada. I think it's sorta cool that it was built in Canada and not Taiwan or China.
Thanks again!
Larry