Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton stem upgrade

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Brompton stem upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-23, 05:42 AM
Lunabamba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brompton stem upgrade

Hi, a friend of mine want to sell me a Brompton electric c line from 2022 for a really good price. Unfortunately it is a high version and I will much prefer to get a medium size.
Does anyone know where I could buy a medium stem in steal Brompton or after market of a good quality.
Is the upgrade of the stem difficult, knowing I did fix a lot of bikes in the past. Will I need to shorten some cables too?
Old 08-24-23, 01:19 AM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 76 Posts
It'd be simpler to just put a lower bar on it. Nitto and others make low-rise narrow bars for the fixie market, they should work on your bike without interfering with the fold. A benefit here is you'll have the original configuration available to put back to stock if you decide to sell your bike later.
Old 08-24-23, 01:33 AM
CEBEP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 45 Posts
I can recommend Joseph Kuosac handlebars which are mid rise or low rise. Should not interfere with fold. They have 12 degrees back sweep which is much more comfortable for my wrists and also are wider than standard which provides better handling in my experience.
Old 08-24-23, 02:33 AM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 218 Posts
Ideally, with another stem or lower handlebar, all cables should be shorter.

Brompton has different cables kit with different length for the different stem.