Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from St. Petersburg Fl.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-23, 07:06 AM
boomer58 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 22 Posts

Good morning everyone. Just joined the forum yesterday and wanted to say hello. I currently live in the St. Petersburg Fl. area after living in the northeast for most of my life. I used to be an avid rider but pretty much gave it up after being to busy plus some injuries along the way. I got back in to it about 3 years ago but more knee problems persisted. After a couple surgeries I finally got back on a bike and am doing ok. I currently ride the Pinellas County trail which is a great asset to this area. I have a new Specialized Allez that I really enjoy. I usually do 22 - 25 miles every other day and am increasing it by a mile or 2 as I progress. My goal is to do the Tour De Cure in Orlando in March. As a Type 1 Diabetic, it's something I have always wanted to do. Looking forward to reading through some of the pages here and reading what some of you are doing. Thanks, Boomer.
Likes For boomer58:
Old 11-29-23, 11:44 AM
Breadfan

Bikes: Niner RLT 9, 1972 Nishiki Road Compe, Jamis Renegade, Specialized Roubaix

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Good to have you! I grew up near the Pinellas Trail on 5th ave no. towards the bay when it was still a working railroad back in the 60's and 70's. The wife and I plan to ride it soon! I am in Jax now and I have to drive quite a ways to get to any trail, gravel or paved. I'm riding about the same distance as you are now and I have old knee problems also. I also intended on increasing my distance but my knees are not allowing it. I feel good if I do 20, and I am miserable (at the knees) if I do 25. I could do 50 if they would allow me to. Maybe it will change. Welcome to the forum! Besides the usual bickering about whose right and whose wrong, this is a good place to read and learn.
Old 11-30-23, 07:55 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11012 Post(s)
Liked 4,697 Times in 2,157 Posts
Welcome. Florida does a good job with their trails. Have fun!

Old 11-30-23, 07:47 PM
boomer58 

Thank you both for the welcome. Florida does do a good job with the trails. The best part is the fact that it is pretty flat and I don't have to wrestle with the hills, they kill my knees. My attempt at the Tour De Cure will be the 63 mile ride so I'm trying to increase a little bit every week. It's been hard because I have been doing a lot of traveling and I'm unable to put in some steady time riding. I'll get there at some point. As far as the bickering goes, that seems to be the norm on every forum. I'm right and that's that. See you on the bike trails, boomer.
Old 12-10-23, 07:17 PM
rodymanners

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Welcome aboard

Last edited by rodymanners; 12-11-23 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-15-23, 06:12 AM
boomer58 

Thank you Rodymanners.