Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Customer Service

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 01:41 AM
14R 
Bromptonaut

Bikes: 1994 Diamond Back Racing Prevail ti; Miyata 914, Miyata 1000, 2017 Van Nicholas Chinook

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Customer Service

Just a little "survey", but for you, how important is being able to contact manufacturers due to warranty issues, upgrade questions or just to ask a simple question about your bike? Would that convenience to reach someone influence your final decision when buying a folder, or expensive components/quality of the bike (even if the manufacturer doesn't care about folders where you are located) is way more important?

So far, I believe Downtube as well as Dahon owners are pretty well served as far as reaching them. As Denis said in another thread, "the top 4 (C'dale, Giant, Specialized, Trek) are too busy making money elsewhere."

If they only knew...the POWER...of the Folder (heavy breathing under mask...)

Rafael
Old 10-20-05, 10:15 AM
xcapekey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
very important....my experince with Bike Friday so far has been top notch....my particular consultant David Seybert has been helpful with suggestions and configuring my BF so it stays within my budget without sacrificing too much performance...

they've actually been a lot more helpful and knowledgeable in general about bicycles than a LBS i use to go to that was staffed by XTREME Sport types with a lot of 'tude and didn't help you unless you were wearing a size D cup..
Old 10-20-05, 06:08 PM
Doug Campbell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One of the reasons that I bought a Bike Friday was because of their excellent customer support. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but other people have told me stories that made me feel confident that I would be well supported if I had a problem touring anywhere in the world.
Old 10-20-05, 06:53 PM
wpflem
www.getafolder.com

Bikes: Brompton T6, Trek 3700 Moutain Bike, Dahon Boardwalk 6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=xcapekey]very important....my experince with Bike Friday so far has been top notch....my particular consultant David Seybert has been helpful with suggestions and configuring my BF so it stays within my budget without sacrificing too much performance...

QUOTE]

I have to agree with you. Bike Friday is excellent. Dave Seybert is our company's primary contact at Bike Friday. I can't say enough good about him!

https://www.sfbikes.com or https://www.getafolder.com/