Europe Europe

prague rides/bike rentals

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-07, 07:49 AM
genesorjeans

Bikes: Bianchi folding bike, IRO Mark V, Miyata 610

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
prague rides/bike rentals

Does anyone have experience with day trips around/just outside of Prague? I'll be going on a family trip there in a few weeks and would like to dedicate at least one day to cycling. I'll be with my parents, who haven't ridden in many years, so the route can't be too strenuous or long. Countryside would be best. I'm also looking for recommendations on where to rent bikes.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-07, 03:28 AM
grantpodelco

Bikes: GT Avalance 2.0 2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would try City Bike https://www.citybike-prague.com/

I've had good experience with them, and also with Praha Bike https://www.artmap.info/index.php?idoflevel=21

Both will get you what you need.

As for routes, I would recommend cycling through Stromovka and Divoka Sarka parks.

I write a blog about cycling in Prague (www.praguebikeblog.blogspot.com)

Check out my Divoka Sarka Loop on my list of routes, as well as the Costas Loop, which is more in the city but a very easy ride. You can also keep riding north along the river toward Dresden, if you want more distance (see https://praguebikeblog.blogspot.com/2007/06/i-never-pay-ferryman.html)

The Divoka Sarka loop does have some moderate hills. It depends on how old and fit your parents are, I guess.

I hope this helps!
Old 03-03-08, 09:57 AM
kangaroos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try www.cccholidays.com
Old 06-30-08, 02:18 PM
Day-5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trust me get the hell out from prague. Go like 50 km south from Prague. You can take a train from central station to area called Posazavi. Its beatiful area and u can go around the river and you can swim there too. I live there so I know... Prague is dirty city and there are no roads to bike on. Czech people go only with cars.;-)
Old 10-18-14, 09:51 AM
GioPrg

Bikes: Favorit F1, Motobecane 650b, Eska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
grantpodelco is right, Stromovka and Divoka Sarka parks are beautiful places, very close to the city centre and easy to get to on bike and public transportation (you can take your bike to the metro). Other nice, close destinations for a day's trip are the village of Unětice with its brewery (Unětice brewery), the ruins of the Okoř castle, all to be reached mostly on bike trails, e.g. along the Vltava river. My favourite route is from theš Prague zoo along the river down to the village of Klecanky, over to the other bank via ferry boat to Roztoky and from there uphill through a beautiful quiet valley ("tiche udoli") along a meandering creek up to Unětice.

There are various websites (mostly in Czech, obviously) and maps available suggesting tours: Prahounakole is one of them. I am preparing a vintage bike rental and tour service for spring next year and will publish route suggestions on my website (Bikerentals.cz).