Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Is Suunto T1 any good?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Is Suunto T1 any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-07, 08:15 PM
mymxv

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is Suunto T1 any good?

My local Costco have the Sunnto T1 for $57.99. I looking for a simple HRM and do not want to spend too much. This fits my price range, but have seen some even cheaper. Is this a good buy? Anyone here have experience with this unit?
Old 11-23-07, 11:14 PM
kdiehl

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9, Co-motion Americano

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had one for a little over a year. Bought mine at REI and paid a little more than the Costco price.

The manual is somewhat confusing to understand, but the device is actually pretty easy to use, once you get the booklet figured out.

It does all of the normal stuff, records time in training ranges, max heart rate, average heart rate, etc. Keeps good time, too. It does not transfer any data to a computer.

The chest strap has plastic tabs that attach each end of the elastic strap to the heart sensor portion. One of these tabs split and broke after about 10 months. I duct taped it and use the other to detach the strap. That one is still holding together.

I think it's a good unit for the money and I have had good luck with other Suunto products.
Old 11-25-07, 09:52 AM
paulrad9
urban biker

Bikes: Haro MTB for commuting and a LHT for everything else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For a HRM, I wouldn't suggest buying anything other than those sold by Polar or Suunto. I looked at the T1 last year but opted to spend the bucks and get the T3. The T1 lacked some timer functions which the T3 had (maybe it was the ability to hold more laps or a better stopwatch). I did not see any compelling reason to buy the T4 over the T3.

I just found this:
Old 11-29-07, 03:51 AM
kboy25

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
t1 is awesome for a generic HR monitor. For the price you can't really find a better deal.
Personally I didn't like the band....just a personal preference.

also if you plan to get fancy and all that, then you should upgrade to a higher model...