Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

2008 Tandem Rallies & Events

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 09:21 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

As usual, this is my annual request for '08 Tandem Rally & Event Information. Yes, as incredible as it seems, another year has come and gone. It's almost 2008 and most of the hosts for next year's rallies are already getting their plans and Websites in order.

As always, I will endeavor to ensure the "Events" page at https://www.thetandemlink.com includes information and links to the major events and to that end I'd ask that anyone who is hosting a regional tandem weekend or rally please make sure that I have your event's information by contacting me off-list. I'm fairly confident that much of our event information will then flow to other outlets that will also help to ensure the word gets out on your event.

To those who haven't attended a tandem weekend or rally in the past, let me encourage you to do so. As these events add an entirely different dimension to tandeming that can often times have a profound impact on your lives.

Although all of the events that I'm aware of are listed on our Web site, let me go ahead and share with you what I've posted to the Bulletin Board on some of the earlier in the season events where the organizers have already made a lot of the details regarding their event available:

-- Rice Valley Tandem Rally - Feb 10 at Gridley, CA. An annual tour of the lush valley flatlands west and south of Gridley, California.

-- Alabama Tandem Weekend has yet to make all of the details known. However, it was announced at STR '07 that the ATW would visit Anniston, Alabama in '08. More details are expected soon.

-- Southwest Tandem Rally, Apr 25-27, at Tulsa, OK: the former "Oil Capital of the World". According to the organizers, Tulsa has washed the grease off its hands, put on its Sunday clothes and now takes pride in its many museums and cultural activities as well as its close ties to the high-tech and aviation industries.

-- Georgia Tandem Rally - May 16-18, Albany, GA. The 10th annual GTR promises to provide a weekend of flat, fast riding that will give folks from the deep South an event close to home given that STR '08 will be held in northern Kentucky. Registration opens Jan 28th.

-- COWs Spring Gathering - May 16-18, Ellison Bay, WI, right in the heart of Wisconsin's Door County, which features some of the most scenic roads in the region.

-- MATES '08 - June 12-15, Flemington, NJ. This year MATES will be exploring central western New Jersey in and around the Flemington area. The routes are a combination of rolling farmlands and the longer rides venture up into the hills of Warren and Somerset Counties. This event will be 'capped' at 40 couples so sign-up early to secure your spot.

URLs / links to the event Web sites are included in the Bulletin Board entries as well as on our Events page.
Old 12-10-07, 04:53 AM
transam

Bikes: Cannondale RT1000; Santana Ti 700; Co-Motion Speedster, Co-Motion Cappuccino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's another for your list.

April 5-6 Sebring, FL
Sebring Tandem Rally
"The terrain of Highlands County is perfect for tandems. Flatlands surround the numerous lakes, and the low, rolling hills are covered with orange groves and cattle pastures. You can choose between a 62-mile and a 31-mile ride each day, as well as 12 and 24 mile rides. The 62 and 31 mile ride will be fully supported with sag vehicles and well stocked rest stops. All rides start and end at the historic Kenilworth Lodge in Sebring. Routes are well-marked and excellent maps are provided. Monday the 7th will be an optional, unsupported ride for those who want to stay over and enjoy the beautiful Florida spring weather."

Linda Leeds, Event Director, 561-683-2851. More details and onlne registration at active.com beginning in mid-January. For room reservations at the historic Kenilworth Lodge in Sebring call 800-423-5939.