Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Question for riders w/ 04 Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-04, 09:51 PM
Brahman Bull

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hopefully someone can help me w/ this very annoying problem that is happening to the front wheel of this wheelset. For some background I bought this set about 3 weeks ago. Everything was perfectly fine for about 2 rides then the problem started. The front wheel started to creak and make a ton of noise when I was hammering uphill in the drops or on the hoods or sprinting on flat terrain. I took it to my regular shop for inspection in which they tightened the hub and shot some Tri-Flow where the spokes meet the hub. The problem was sloved for about 2 hours then it started all over again. Today I took the wheel to the shop where I bought them and they said they would inspect and call Mavic to get their advice in which I should have the wheel back tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone w/ this set and if so how was it fixed? It is very annoying to the point where it is an embarassment to ride. Thanks for the help!

"The bicycle has a soul. If you are able to love it as it deserves, it will give you emotions you will never forget." -Mario Cipollini
Old 02-25-04, 09:59 PM
RacerX

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I think people had the same issue it was the quick release.
Try a different one and see if it goes away
Old 02-25-04, 10:08 PM
Brahman Bull

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No kidding? I guess I will if the problem is not fixed when I get the wheel back. Thanks alot!

"The bicycle has a soul. If you are able to love it as it deserves, it will give you emotions you will never forget." -Mario Cipollini
Old 02-25-04, 11:43 PM
RacerX

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Yeah I don't have the 04 Ksyrium yet but it happened alot on the 03's. Mine still clicks slightly when I stand on it. It's the QR. If I really tighten up, it goes away.
Old 02-26-04, 10:17 PM
bfong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This happened on another set of wheels of mine but try to lube where the spokes meet the rim. That solved a problem of mine that has been plaguing me for awhile.

Bill