Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

zoncolon

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-10, 05:34 AM
micmat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
zoncolon

Watching Evans and Basso go up this climb,I could not help but wonder why Cadel used such a big gear--he has admitted as much himself,but surely these guys reco the major climbs before the race
Old 05-25-10, 07:32 AM
mkadam68

Bikes: 2012 MotorHouse road bike. No. You can't get one.

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
In an interview with his coach (Sassi?), his coach said he's the most powerful rider he's ever worked with. I read this as he's a bit of a "masher", not a "spinner". Maybe he was relying on his strength.
Old 05-25-10, 09:43 AM
ultraman6970

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Cadel has power thats all, remember that he is coming from mountain biking, so his school is totally different than Basso's, that basically is the classic italian riding style. I would compare Cadel style with the smashing power Eddy had.

Matter of fact I have noticed that Cadel is spining more this year compared with last year. The other situation is that cadel is not a climber, so when you are not a climber if you put the same gears than the other guys the high cadence basically eats you, so to even the things a little bit more u have to rely on more gear, smashing power and a lot of WILL. Cadel this year looks thinner and faster and probably that's the effect of his italian coach.

Today's TT was awesome, cadel took some time off everybody, vino a little bit. Basso has the tittle almost in his hands also. lets see what happens in the next 2 climbs because the TT for sure will be dominated by cadel or vino. Cadel and vino need to work together since practically are racing by themselves and Basso still have good riders in his team.

I bet Nibali will win the next mountain stage... liquigas maybe 1st and 3rd???