Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

How Do You r Manage Time to Train For a Race or Competition with Career & Family???

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

How Do You r Manage Time to Train For a Race or Competition with Career & Family???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-10, 04:03 PM
Magnificent777
SoldierCyclist

Bikes: 2011 Motobecane Vent Noir Road Bike, 2012 Motobecane Elite Sport 29er Hybrid Bike, 2011 Kestrel Carbon Road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How Do Your Manage Time to Train For a Race or Competition with Career & Family???

Hello Everyone,

I work full time and recently a single Dad. My 11yr son came to live with me from out of

state. I'm also due to get married this year. My finacee lives at her place and where my

son and I live in another place. It's a big hassel to cordinate activities.

I use to be able to ride every day or every other day and was doing great improvement

for up coming races, rides, a corporate 15k . I want to also get ready for fall cyclocross in

months still to come. But I'm filled with camp for my son, wedding planning that my fiancee'

won't let me escape and work and work.

I thought about getting up at 4am to ride and run or at 11pm or midnight. But I'm exhausted.

My goal this year was to get some racing expierence on the road and get radical on cyclocross in the fall.

How do manage your time and still get good results?? Please advise.

Last edited by Magnificent777; 06-15-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-14-10, 05:19 PM
jayvo86

Bikes: '06 Trek 1000, '09 Gary Fisher Supercaliber, '10 Trek XO2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Even with all your stuff going on it is important to have "you" time. So try to make for things you enjoy. If you are having problems keeping track of things and organizing things, try a planner. You can also prioritize the things that need done first. Try to get things out of the way first that will show that you've done the most work. Try not to procrastinate.

That's about all I have.
Old 06-16-10, 05:45 PM
tulip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can you commute to work by bike?
Old 06-16-10, 08:10 PM
jayvo86

Bikes: '06 Trek 1000, '09 Gary Fisher Supercaliber, '10 Trek XO2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have to you looked into www.trainingpeaks.com?

If you purchase the premium account ( ten bucks a month) you can plan your workouts. You can also hire a personal trainer that will plan your workouts for you based on your schedule.