Reload this Page >

2010 DFW Retro Ride & Picnic

Search
Notices

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-10, 12:07 PM
lotek 

Bikes: 1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts

This years Retro Ride & Picnic will be held on Sunday Oct. 24th from 12:00pm to 3:00pm.
at White Rock Lake.
More details can be found here:

https://southwestframeworks.com/picnic%202010.html

Marty

Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.
Old 09-20-10, 10:05 PM
Creakyknees
ride lots be safe

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
in. also a buddy, bringing some cool old bikes.
Old 09-23-10, 06:06 PM
txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sigh, always on a Sunday afternoon. For Moi, this is like 2:00 AM with having to work Sunday night graveyard.
Old 09-23-10, 08:07 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Liked 226 Times in 57 Posts
I'm in as usual. Let's hope for better weather this year.
Old 09-29-10, 11:35 AM
custermustache

Bikes: 1968 Falcon San Remo 1973 Raleigh International, 1974 Schwinn Suburban, 1987 Schwinn High Sierra, 1992 Univega Ultraleggera, 2007 Dahon Vitesse DH7G

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will do my best to come and bring the rarest Univega ever.
Old 10-02-10, 12:30 AM
michaljohn
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
its lookks so interesting i m waiting for 24 oct..is there any entry charges??

Old 10-02-10, 09:10 PM
Flower Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a "Guaranteed Good Time" event! There's no entry charge if you bring a vintage bike. On the web site link there are guidelines about what a vintage bike is. If you show up without a vintage bike and want to have lunch we ask for a donation for the food. Otherwise just show up and have a good time.

Joanna

Originally Posted by michaljohn
its lookks so interesting i m waiting for 24 oct..is there any entry charges??

Old 10-17-10, 08:14 PM
trophyoftexas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had to wait until today to clear out my schedule but it looks pretty good for me to drive over from Sulphur Springs and make the event...I'll bring at least one "something vintage" and more unless my wife decides to drop me off and then go shopping, looking forward to it!

Last edited by trophyoftexas; 10-18-10 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-24-10, 04:22 PM
shrinkboy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
i attended today, brought my yellow Grandis and my brown/gold fade Dawes Echelon, riding both of them, a lap here, a couple laps of the Lake there. i didn't meet many of the forum men and women, but saw some old friends from way back, met some folks with some really cool bikes, and had a good time. i even ate a hot dog. i did meet David Cheaklis, and thanks to David for putting the thing together. it was a good time, i really enjoyed it...
Old 10-25-10, 08:21 AM
lotek 

Bikes: 1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
shrinkboy, I was there didn't know you were a BF person. I made the comment something like 'we're supposed to ride them?'
was wearing an RIH/Weinmann jersey.

great event with a really good turn out. Seems to be getting bigger by the year.
I saw about 6 or 7 bikes that made it to my 'gotta have one of these' list.

marty

Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.
Old 10-25-10, 11:30 PM
alpha_bravo
Mr. Sparkle

Bikes: 08 Specialized Allez Elite

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Wasn't able to stay long as I was starving from my previous ride, but it was very neat to see all the people and all the awesome bikes out there. Just a couple of pictures I took from the event. Thanks a lot for putting this on.

Old 10-26-10, 09:56 AM
monogodo
NFL Owner

Bikes: 7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
I had too much going on this past weekend to make it.

Had I gone, I would have brought my 7-11 Eddy Merckx w/ 8-speed Dura Ace STI. It's birthday is coming up next month, on the 21st. It'll be 21 years old.
Old 10-26-10, 09:23 PM
custermustache

Bikes: 1968 Falcon San Remo 1973 Raleigh International, 1974 Schwinn Suburban, 1987 Schwinn High Sierra, 1992 Univega Ultraleggera, 2007 Dahon Vitesse DH7G

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I brought the rarest Univega ever. I didn't come until the last half hour or so. It was a nice event with some really nice bikes, including a Murray built by Serotta.
Old 10-27-10, 01:45 PM
ripa
51.8977°N 8.4711°W

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sorry I missed the event. I could not get up to Dallas from Houston that weekend. Hope to make it next year.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with David Cheaklis? I need to talk to him about two bikes I gave him to get painted. I left a voice message and sent him an e-mail but have not heard back yet.
Old 10-27-10, 02:43 PM
Boothman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I work part-time for DC (it's Cheakas by the way) when I'm not in school. DC's been in and out with a busted up foot for at least a month or so, but is about to start back full-time this week or next. We're starting to get back on schedule. PM me your information and I can get everything nailed down for you. Also, DC and phones don't really work well as he can barley hear on the phone.

The picnic was a blast. Many very nice bikes there and a lot of door prizes, free stuff and food. Don't miss next year!

Matt

Originally Posted by ripa
Sorry I missed the event. I could not get up to Dallas from Houston that weekend. Hope to make it next year.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with David Cheaklis? I need to talk to him about two bikes I gave him to get painted. I left a voice message and sent him an e-mail but have not heard back yet.
Old 10-29-10, 08:04 AM
shrinkboy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
marty, i remember your comment. somehow i'd gotten the idea there would be a ride, and when that didn't happen, i took off for a couple laps of the lake, checked back in, took off again, and came back. it was a fun day, and saw some old friends- for instance, Kevin Bucy, whom i hadn't seen in over 20 years since i dropped out of the first iteration of Mirage Club...
Old 11-01-10, 01:20 PM
truman
It's true, man.

Bikes: Cannondale T1000, Inbred SS 29er, Supercaliber 29er, Crescent Mark XX, Burley Rumba Tandem

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good times, but all the attention at the show has made my stainless Crescent unbearably conceited.

I'm tempted to put on a sprung saddle and some playing cards in the spokes just to take her down a couple of pegs.

Nice to meet Cuda and Lotek there...
Old 11-10-10, 12:12 PM
ripa
51.8977°N 8.4711°W

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Matt,

I sent 2-3 e-mails your way after your original post. Thanks for the offer to help get in touch with David. I really need to speak with him regarding the two frames I gave him to paint. It has been over two years on one and a year and a half or more on the other.

Please let me know how I can get in touch with you guys to decide on next steps.

Best,

ripa

Originally Posted by Boothman
Hi, I work part-time for DC (it's Cheakas by the way) when I'm not in school. DC's been in and out with a busted up foot for at least a month or so, but is about to start back full-time this week or next. We're starting to get back on schedule. PM me your information and I can get everything nailed down for you. Also, DC and phones don't really work well as he can barley hear on the phone.

The picnic was a blast. Many very nice bikes there and a lot of door prizes, free stuff and food. Don't miss next year!

Matt
Old 11-10-10, 08:14 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Liked 226 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by truman
Good times, but all the attention at the show has made my stainless Crescent unbearably conceited.

I'm tempted to put on a sprung saddle and some playing cards in the spokes just to take her down a couple of pegs.

Nice to meet Cuda and Lotek there...
Good to meet you too.