Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

N-1

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-11, 06:18 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N-1

I think I sold a bike today. I'll know more tomorrow. Only 3 more to go. I decided this winter that 8 bikes are a few more than I really need. 2 road bikes and 2 MTBs are plenty.
Old 02-08-11, 07:22 PM
Bare Feet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oops! N-1 did not register. I thought I saw N+1, so I opened the thread to congratulate you on your new bike. Well now that I'm here, I guess I can congratulate you on the extra cash you may get tomorrow. Good luck!
Old 02-08-11, 07:30 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bare Feet
Oops! N-1 did not register. I thought I saw N+1, so I opened the thread to congratulate you on your new bike. Well now that I'm here, I guess I can congratulate you on the extra cash you may get tomorrow. Good luck!
There's a method to the madness. Once I sell all those bikes I'll have the cash and room to add another. Or at least some nice accessories.
Old 02-08-11, 08:54 PM
bykemike 

Bikes: 2017 BMC Roadmachine 01 Enve wheels, Sram red etap,Cinelli Vigorelli single speed, 2009 Cannondale Capo, 2016 trek Domane 6.9, disc and Di2, 2016 Scott Scale 710, 27.5 plus tires and boost rims

Liked 203 Times in 81 Posts
anything we may be interested in??

I'm looking for a 54 triple road bike...italian if ya got one
Old 02-08-11, 09:51 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
No, unfortunately I ride larger bikes in the 58-61cm range. I have a couple fixed geared bikes that I just haven't used as much as I thought I might. I just can't seem to make it to the track. They're not very expensive but if I'm not using them I should let someone else have some fun with them. I don't want to walk around the advertising regs here so I'll stop at that. I have a hard time selling gear because I seem to get attached to it. Bikes are more than just a machine. Like the BMW ad says, they make joy.
Old 02-09-11, 01:22 AM
skilsaw

Bikes: Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bikes are like children. Eventually they leave the nest.
I hope your children get adopted by a nice family.
Old 02-09-11, 09:22 AM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skilsaw
Bikes are like children. Eventually they leave the nest.
Well, not exactly like children (and that's a good thing!). Unlike BikeWNC I'm keeping my fixed gear bike (it's for the road anyway, not the velodrome), and my touring bike, and my 3 spd., plus my new go-fast climbing bike (GURU) and my club-ride bike (Ti GT), and my mountain bike (though my Mtn. Bike friends think I should get full-suspension).

On the other hand, I am for sure selling the Calfee and most likely the 853 GT. The GURU replaced the Calfee, essentially, and the 853 GT doesn't get ridden enough (though I do really like it . . . ).

N-2 is my goal.

Rick / OCRR
Old 02-09-11, 09:36 AM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
Well, not exactly like children (and that's a good thing!). Unlike BikeWNC I'm keeping my fixed gear bike (it's for the road anyway, not the velodrome), and my touring bike, and my 3 spd., plus my new go-fast climbing bike (GURU) and my club-ride bike (Ti GT), and my mountain bike (though my Mtn. Bike friends think I should get full-suspension).

On the other hand, I am for sure selling the Calfee and most likely the 853 GT. The GURU replaced the Calfee, essentially, and the 853 GT doesn't get ridden enough (though I do really like it . . . ).

N-2 is my goal.

Rick / OCRR
I wish I had a reason to keep the fixed bikes. One has track geometry, no brakes and the other has road geometry with brakes. But I've come to realize that where I live a fixie has very limited use. I guess I could hold it for the rare occasion I could use it but that would be so very seldom.

The hardtail I sold (hopefully) has been replaced by an Epic 29er. I needed to go to FS for my lower back. I still have a rigid 1991 Bridgestone I'm keeping if I want to ride that kind of bike.

The road bike I should sell (don't really want to sell) is the least used of the three I have and since it doesn't get much use it's hard to justify keeping. I might as well sell it while I can still get something for it.
Old 02-14-11, 01:48 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N-1, Not so fast. After many emails exchanged, pictures taken, bike cleaned up, his last email went something like this...

That's it! That's the bike just like the one I used to have. I regretted ever selling that bike. I want it! I'll let you know if I get the money to buy it.

So after a dozen emails, and all my responses, he doesn't even have the money??? Why put someone through all this if he's not able to follow through?

My other bike was somewhat similar. He wanted it but only the frameset. I said I wanted to sell the whole bike. He asked why don't I part it out? I said why don't you buy the whole bike and part it out? lol Everybody wants something for nothing.