Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

who makes 19"-20" womens fitness bike with step through frame

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 01:13 PM
bill mcmillin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife is looking for a new bike. She likes the Trek 7.2 but the largest size they make it in is the 17". She is about 5'7 1/2" with long legs. She probably needs a 19" or 20" bike. She rides mostly paved or limestone trails, usually about 25miles at a time 15 times per year. Specialized used to make a Vienna 3 in a large step-through but discontinued it this year. Does anyone know of comparable bikes that come in a step-through that she should be looking at? I appreciate your thoughts!
Old 03-26-11, 07:37 AM
Barry in GA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bill,

Your information may be dated. According to the Trek website and BikePedia:

The 2010 Trek FX 7.2 WSD step-through was available in 15 and 17 inch sizes.

The 2011 Trek FX 7.2 WSD Stagger is available in 15, 17.5 and 20 inch sizes.
Old 03-27-11, 09:31 PM
bill mcmillin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. There is a lot of confusion. The Trek catalog shows that The FX7.2 is available in a 20" Stagger frame. Some dealers thought they could order it but others said they could not. I called the Trek Company and they said it was not made in the 20" Stagger. A big disappoointment to her! So we are still looking. My wife is planning to try the WSD in the 19" to see if she can get her leg over the seat. She has always ridden a step-through and she's not comfortable getting on a bike that way. Actually, the problem is not getting on the bike but rather getting off of it!.
Old 03-31-11, 08:21 PM
Daddy Wags

Bikes: Raleigh Mountain 200.....Giant Escape 0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife, who is 5'7" and long limbed, rode a Trek 7.3 WSD in a 17.5 and found it ideal. The 7.3 WSD is available in the stagger step thru frame and is probably the bike she likes best. She has the Specialize Vita yet to try before she decides.
Old 05-09-11, 06:48 AM
ellenw1a

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 5'10 and have been trying to buy the 7.3 WSD and have found it is only available in Europe where TREK seems to believe tall women live. I am not someone who tweets but I thought I would resort to it and hoped for some positive response. Here is my twitter conversation with Trek - very depressing.

TrekBikes Trek Bicycle
@ellbeauny Sorry, thought you traveled there based on your films. I'll pass the word on for what we offer in the US in the future. Thanks!

ellbeauny
@TrekBikes wow that is not the Eco 0 carbon footprint suggestion I would expect - tall u.s women need this bike

TrekBikes Trek Bicycle
@ellbeauny Happy to recommend shops in Denmark and Germany for you to check out when traveling...

ellbeauny
@TrekBikes Yes it is crazy u won't sell perfect fit bike to me

TrekBikes Trek Bicycle
@ellbeauny Sorry, I should have specified US. The larger WSD sizes are non-step through and the 20" is only available in Europe.

ellbeauny
@Trekbikes Størrelser Damemodeller 13, 15, 17.5, 19"; Damestel 15, 17.5, 20" danish /dk

ellbeauny ellen weissbrod
@TrekBikes not true check Danish german site

TrekBikes Trek Bicycle
@ellbeauny Hi Ellen, we actually don't make a model in that configuration. 19" is the largest WSD and doesn't use step-through.

ellbeauny ellen weissbrod
@TrekBikes refuses to sell 20" 7.3 FX WSD step-through/stagger in US/NY market - I need this bike