Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

About to spend some money, caad 10? F

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 11:27 PM
jmio

Bikes: raleigh carbon competition, trek 6500 hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So, I have been biking for about 6 years, first bike was a k2 mod 5.0 full dura ace that weighed 16.5 pounds fully operational. I usually averaged around 19-21 mph solo efforts on any given ride. I started competing in triathlons, thought I needed a tri bike, bought a trek equinox that weighed a ton, but increased my speed to around 22-23 on Olympic distance races.

I suppose it was a little added endurance training but the frame also probably helped. Fast forward to today, I sold both of those bikes because of my wife(ex) now, that's another story in itse, And stopped cycling and just stuck to running.

I have a motobecane vent noir now and I really don't like it. It's buzzy, uncomfortable, heavy at 22 pounds withouth my water bottles or flat kit. I bought it because i was put on a budget hahahahs, now i legally through the apprpriate courts got rid of my budget! This summer im only averaging 17-18 mph and i feel im in better shape, lower bf %, and lower resting heart rate im gonna chalk it up to inferior frame design?I'm looking at getting another road bike that I can use on group rides a few times a week. Will be doing 2 -3 group rides and want something g better quality, capable of being faster and more stiff (all I can feel is frame, and crank flexing) always rubbing tires on brakes. All the caad 10 reviews seem to be awesome. I am looking at building g up a 15-16 pound bike within reason. Not looking to spend 8000 dollars. I think 3,000-3500 will do the trick! The othe times I will be riding my cannondale slice for solo rides. That's why I'm trying to keep this budget oriented.

Any caad 10 haters or lovers? Let me here ur reviews loves and hates about the bike. Thanks all

Last edited by jmio; 06-10-12 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Not finished and accidentally submitted
Old 06-10-12, 11:43 PM
fishymamba

Bikes: CAAD9-6, 13' Dawes Haymaker 1500

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jmio
im gonna chalk it up to inferior frame designl
No, you are just slower.... don't try to make up any excuses

The CAAD10 is a great bike, a couple guys I know ride them. I ride a CAAD9 which is also an amazing bike.

I am pretty sure that you can get a CAAD 10 down to 15-16 lbs.

The lighter wallet MIGHT make you a tiny bit faster
Old 06-11-12, 12:00 AM
jmio

Bikes: raleigh carbon competition, trek 6500 hardtail

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hahaha, I can't be! Science says that I can't be. Lower bf percentage, lower resting heart rate, haven't changed anything. No time off of cycling, just changed the steed that I'm riding. I thought my brakes were adjusted too tight cause anytime I put the power down I heard both of them grabbing rim. Feels like someone is pushing back on the bike as I accelerate. Sucks!
Old 06-11-12, 06:39 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
I really like my 2012 CAAD 10 4, it fits me like a glove and performs very well. The 10 4 was a great price at my LBS and they took care of me with a fitting and such. What bikes have you ridden and what brand LBS are nearby to you? If you do want a CAAD 10 better look now. The 2012 are selling out pretty much and the 2013 are a couple of months away. In your price level you can find a whole lot of pretty good bikes. Just do your homework, best of luck.

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 06-11-12, 07:54 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked 680 Times in 431 Posts
There's a whole thread dedicated to people who love the Caad frames. Just read that.