Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Quick 4 or Specialized Sirrus Sport

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 05:51 PM
hdocspoc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have checked out both bikes and like them both. They are both about the same price, just need a little help on deciding which one. Is one better made than the other? which is the better by in other peoples opinion? Or if you know of another one, let me know.
Old 07-12-12, 06:47 PM
Bunnicula

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They're both nice bikes. Cannondale and Specialized both know how to make a good bike. Both have similar components. So get the one that you're most comfortable on, fits well, and enjoy riding the most.

Having said that, you may find that the carbon forks on the Cannondale help absorb road vibration better.
Old 07-12-12, 07:31 PM
dirty tiger
Mostly Harmless

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I say the Cannondale Quick.... although I would prefer Quick CX 4. It's the same price point and you can run fatter slicks. The Quick CX bikes remind me of mid 90's rigid MTB's, in a GOOD way.

Look into trekking bars. They are awesome. I used to ride a rigid Cannondale M800 with Trekking Bars and street slicks. Serious fun.
Old 07-13-12, 08:04 AM
Joelpatrick

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought the Cannondale Quick 4 last week and have about 100 miles on it so far and love it. The Specialized Sirrus Sport is a very comparable bike indeed. It's a little give and take on both bikes. I'll post a brief pros/cons list below but I wouldn't make the decision on specs alone as the differences in components on a bike in this price range are negligible but I feel the Cannondale's frame is better. My decision was made quite easily as I didn't care for the bike shops that carried Specialized in my area but I did look into the Sirrus. The bike shop I decided on carried Trek and Cannondale and my main decision was between the Cannondale Quick 4/5 and the Trek 7.2/7.3 FX. The Trek 7.3 FX is another comparable bike to look into. Also, have you riden them? I found that the Quick 4 fit my geometry just right and it had a carbon fork. I would let the bike shop preference and test ride experience be your number one decision maker. Also as someone pointed out in one of my posts, the Quick 4 was voted Bicycle Magazine's favorite flat bar road bike(hybrid) of 2012. https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/...ondale-quick-4

Quick 4
-8-speed
+Carbon fork
+Alivio Rear Derraileur
-/+ 700x32 tires

Specialized Sirrus Sport
+ 9-speed
- Aluminum fork
- Acera Rear Derraileur
-/+ 700x28 tires
Old 07-14-12, 02:08 AM
a1penguin

Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I hope that "checked out" means you took test rides. Perhaps you can convince the LBS to let you take a longer test ride 2-3 miles and you can get a better sense of which bike fits you better. They are both great bikes and you won't go wrong with either one.
Old 07-15-12, 11:03 PM
roker

Bikes: Bianchi Imola, Canondale Quick 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I took the Quick 5 instead. I rode the Quick 4 for a while and I found that most of the bumps and stuff that were harsh for me were felt on the back end, so the lighter weight while nice, wasn't enough for me to pay the 200 dollar premium (I know the wheels/tires are also different between the two, but again, I found the difference negligible.) Happy riding, it's a fun bike. I've put in over 3000 miles in mine so far and I couldn't be happier with it's performance.
Old 07-15-12, 11:38 PM
SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome To Bike Forums, Hdocspoc!

Whenever in doubt, always go with Cannondale!

I'd select the Quick 4 over the Sirrus Sport any day of the week
Old 07-16-12, 12:48 AM
hdocspoc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimRider
Welcome To Bike Forums, Hdocspoc!

Whenever in doubt, always go with Cannondale!

I'd select the Quick 4 over the Sirrus Sport any day of the week
Thanks! That's the one I was going to go with! Just got to decide if I want black or gray. The black is hard to find, hopefully it can be ordered. If not the gray will be fine!
Old 07-16-12, 07:26 AM
Joelpatrick

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hdocspoc
Thanks! That's the one I was going to go with! Just got to decide if I want black or gray. The black is hard to find, hopefully it can be ordered. If not the gray will be fine!

I have the black with red/white accents. I tested the gray/white one and almost walked out the door with it. Then noticed some scratches on one side and asked if he had another in the back. After looking, he said all he had was the new 2013 black ones and they weren't assembled yet and they were $10 more for the 2013. I didn't even know they were available in this color combo and much preferred it. I paid the $10 more and waited for them to assemble it. So maybe double check your bike shops and see if they have anything other than what's on the floor. I see Cannondale's site has just the black/white and they don't even have my color combo on their site so maybe it is new. I did notice that the decal placements are different on my bike as well. The "Quick", for instance, is on the top tube of my bike instead of the seat tube. Surely, it can be ordered. Here's mine. No compaints thus far and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Last edited by Joelpatrick; 07-16-12 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-16-12, 07:55 AM
Noize4

Bikes: ‘16 Domane 4.6 Disc, ‘17 Bianchi Impulso S-Sport, ‘12 Giant Escape 0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you can stretch it a little financially, it might be worth riding the Quick 3. I rode the 3 and 4 back to back, and found the Quick 3 to be substantially nicer riding, tighter, better reacting, and well worth the $220 extra.
Old 07-16-12, 04:21 PM
hdocspoc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joelpatrick
I have the black with red/white accents. I tested the gray/white one and almost walked out the door with it. Then noticed some scratches on one side and asked if he had another in the back. After looking, he said all he had was the new 2013 black ones and they weren't assembled yet and they were $10 more for the 2013. I didn't even know they were available in this color combo and much preferred it. I paid the $10 more and waited for them to assemble it. So maybe double check your bike shops and see if they have anything other than what's on the floor. I see Cannondale's site has just the black/white and they don't even have my color combo on their site so maybe it is new. I did notice that the decal placements are different on my bike as well. The "Quick", for instance, is on the top tube of my bike instead of the seat tube. Surely, it can be ordered. Here's mine. No compaints thus far and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Wow!! that's a nice bike and color combo!! Way to make me jealous! Lol!! I know of a couple of dealers who carry Cannondale in my area, I'm going ask about the 2013.
Old 07-16-12, 10:10 PM
Bunnicula

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize4
If you can stretch it a little financially, it might be worth riding the Quick 3. I rode the 3 and 4 back to back, and found the Quick 3 to be substantially nicer riding, tighter, better reacting, and well worth the $220 extra.
I agree, The 3 is a great bike! I have a $3000+ road bike, but I still love riding my Quick 3. However, if the budget is tight the 4 is nice in that price range.

Since the 2013s are out, we should be seeing 2012s going on sale rvery shortly.

Oh, and that black/red color combo is very nice! Cannondale does a great job with the asthetics of their bikes.
Old 07-17-12, 02:13 PM
john_steed_uk

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Sirrus Elite 2001 Specialized Crossroads 1999 Specialized Hardrock 2007 Specialized Allez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay, I think that I am going to have to dissent. I have 2 Specialized Sirrus' and love them both. I recommned the Sirrus to anyone and everyone
(who will listen). Great, well made, well designed bikes.
Old 07-17-12, 05:41 PM
Bunnicula

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lol, I agree, John, so I'll listen. The Sirrus IS a really nice bike. I love Specialized too, especially their road bikes.
Old 07-22-12, 10:41 PM
spiralcity

Bikes: Cannondale Quick CX1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joelpatrick

Thats a nice looking bike.