Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Which one of these road bikes should i get?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-13, 09:09 PM
Zeroshift

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

https://www.performancebike.com/bikes...400306__400306

https://www.performancebike.com/bikes...400306__400306

I really like them both, but then again itd be great to save $200 less. Im kind of torn between the two since i love cycling a lot.
I was going to go with the Fuji, but i could use some thoughts from people who know more than me on these bikes.
Old 01-24-13, 10:01 PM
CenturionIM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are really pressed for cash, go with the Scattante. otherwise choose the fuji.
I was in a Performance Shop once looking at the same bike. Even their own salesman did not really recommend the scattante. That's strange, because they have got to make better margin on their house brand than fuji.
Plus, the fuji looks so much better.
Old 01-24-13, 11:22 PM
Zeroshift

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree. So i guess thats what im going with then if it is indeed a better bike. Besides...i really like the why the Fuji looks as well which is a major selling point for me.
Old 01-24-13, 11:35 PM
YOJiMBO20

Bikes: 2010 Litespeed Icon, 1987 Nishiki Olympic 12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd go for the Fuji solely because it's a double and not a triple. Also, there's only one size available of the Scattante.
Old 01-24-13, 11:41 PM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by YOJiMBO20
I'd go for the Fuji solely because it's a double and not a triple. Also, there's only one size available of the Scattante.
Get the Fuji with the compact double. Trust me on this. Low end tripples are a PITA. You won't miss the extra money you spend on a better bike. But the thing about PB is that they are always having sales. I think for $699, if you are patient, you can probably score a full Tiagra with a compact crank. Maybe even a 105/Tiagra mix.
Old 01-24-13, 11:42 PM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeroshift
I agree. So i guess thats what im going with then if it is indeed a better bike. Besides...i really like the why the Fuji looks as well which is a major selling point for me.
That is the #1 selling point for most of us as well. Nobody wants to ride an ugly bike. You have to buy the bike that makes you want to ride.
Old 01-25-13, 12:07 AM
aramis

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Get the fuji. Low end triples do suck. I finally got the 9 speed tiagra on my wife's bike shifting right. I replaced the crank with an older 105 crank and broke down and got a brand new tiagra front derailleur (I think that was the issue).

Anyway the fuji looks really cool. I like how the new fujis look.

Also, think about this too. Sometimes you can find good deals on slightly used bikes. I bought an aluminum full rival bike for about as much as the fuji is new.
Old 01-25-13, 01:20 PM
canyoneagle

Bikes: Vassago Moosknuckle Ti 29+ XTR, 90's Merckx Corsa-01 9sp Record, PROJECT: 1954 Frejus SuperCorsa

Liked 157 Times in 75 Posts
This popped up on the "deal" thread. Really solid value for the money, IMO, and a step up from those linked:
https://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...3-_-Affil_Item
Old 01-25-13, 01:37 PM
bonz50

Bikes: 2013 Synapse 4

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pgjackson
Get the Fuji with the compact double. Trust me on this. Low end tripples are a PITA. You won't miss the extra money you spend on a better bike. But the thing about PB is that they are always having sales. I think for $699, if you are patient, you can probably score a full Tiagra with a compact crank. Maybe even a 105/Tiagra mix.
I was in a similar position and was patient got my GT Series 2 (SRAM Apex) for $750. been on it two full seasons and its honestly as much bike as I need (though I WANT more ). great deal and has served me well. unless you are in an area where you can be out riding this time of year, just be patient, better deals will come.